1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple iMadness

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Omer Said, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Isn't it really strange? Something like a ritual for many people it seems. They probably even don't care about whether there is any significant difference between 5 and 5S. Is this just to show people and boast like "Hey, i have the latest iPhone, you don't? Poor boy..." ?? I really wonder how could Apple achieved this attraction, and made some people it's worshippers.

I think attending a dancing ritual in an African tribe would even make more sense than camping for a new iPhone for days in the street. You at least do some exercise there. :D

I have no problems with people using iproducts, just these crazy campers and people hyper-over-exxagarating the value of them into extreme levels.

What do you think? Are some people turning into brainless consumer zombies? :confused:
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. Mapu

Premium Member

it's called Apple iExploitation 2.0
    (while 2.0 stands for bidirectional ... developing world vs. industrial world)

• Haha Haha x 2
  3. Mohameddo-san

F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

Apple has done a really good job hyping up iDevices.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Craig Stevenson

Craig Stevenson
    Premium Member

You pay half the cost for that little logo, without which most normal people wouldn't give their products a second glance compared to Samsung etc.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mapu

Premium Member

coming back to my prior message...

a iPod Nano 16 GB 7G costs ca. 149€
    a representative of Apple told me
    that roughly 90 percent of these 149€ wanders into the Apple Logo
    and 10 percent into the device itself

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 1