• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any interest in a "casual" PC league?

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Vaughn Stegeman, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Vaughn Stegeman

Vaughn Stegeman

Ratings:
    +190
    As per the title.
    JUST re-upped my Premium membership, and excited to get back on the track with y'all. I was sad when Race 07 died here, but now that I have a new machine and pCars, all is well with the world.
    I'm personally more interesting in a more "casual" league ... just ... not so formal and serious as other leagues I've seen about here and there.
    For instance, missing a session(s) would result in a points penalty rather than being booted or replaced by someone on a waiting list (which I kinda doubt we'd have, looking at the pCars activity on here) .. Points penalty increasing for each missed race.
    Just a casual, "no big deal," fun, relatively short season (maybe 6-10 races?)
    I'd be most interested in GT, TC, or DTM cars. Definitely not open wheel cars, as I seriously suck with those.
    Maybe even super-karts :p

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Gentleman Club Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +2,719
    Who is going to do the admin and keep results etc?

3. Ole Jensen

Ole Jensen

Ratings:
    +3
    Any thoughts on racing times.? Or racing days.? With time zones in the picture perhaps Saturday or Sunday.
    Will there be room for slower drivers - like myself.?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vaughn Stegeman

Vaughn Stegeman

Ratings:
    +190
    I hadn't thought that far yet. Just polling interest.
    I'm in the US, Central Time, but have tons of free time. I guess I'd prefer afternoons or evenings. (somewhere between 2pm to 8pm local CDT/CST -- which would be, uh ... 7pm to midnight-ish GMT I guess) I'm open to a huge range of times, as long as it's not too much before noon for me.
    Saturday or Sunday would be fine.
    As to slow drivers? It'd maybe be a race to see which of us is slowest ;) .... I'm generally a back-marker, and often get lapped multiple times. :thumbsup:

5. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +67
    I would re-up my membership for league racing. Mountain time here. After 7 PM tue-sat. Sun-Mon anytime. Swagg

6. Vaughn Stegeman

Vaughn Stegeman

Ratings:
    +190
    I've never done it before, but I think I could mostly handle it. Some help would, of course, be nice. :)