Any Final Fantasy players on this board?

Three of the games are my Top 3 all-time favourite games.

1) Final Fantasy X (just barely)
2) Final Fantasy VIII
3) Final Fantasy VII

In my opinion, FF7 was way overhyped, and while it has an advantage over all the other FFs in terms of story and music, there wasn't really much character customisation and no summons customisation. Also, the characters weren't as interesting as 8 and 10.

Final Fantasy 8, in my opinion, is even better than FF7, because it had so many customisation options, better rendered characters due to the fact developers knew the PSX architecture, and, so much more fun.

Final Fantasy 10 had much of the same as 8; the only reason why I barely like it more than 8 was the ending.

I don't remember which one was that, but played one of FFs at PlayStation 2 for a while until my PS 2 went kaputt. (Roughly 3-4 years ago) Story telling and character progression were great, but the fights become a little bit boring after a while.

Final fantasy 9 was the last Final fantasy I really enjoyed. I did like 10 and 12 but since 10 they have been "on rails" ie no explore-able world map. It seems like they are closer to being action games with more of a story than traditional RPG's. I was really happy when Ni No Kuni was first revealed and showed that it had an "old school" explore-able world map!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%