Another Loss

I wish there was some good, common tool for p2p distributed file sharing where we could all share our collections

I'd be happy to share my collection but there's not exactly an easy way to do it that makes sense for everyone

Last edited:
Strange, I just got email from them recently. Though it was full of ads so probably funding was an issue.

I have tons of things for GTL, GTR2, rfactor, even N2k3 and Rally Trophy, but it's too much trouble to scroll through pages and pages of what's already here so I don't duplicate anything ....not to mention trying to keep track of what's available elsewhere.

What gets lost in the shuffle is some mods that were specific to the site. There was a talented modder (I'll be damned if I can remember his name, old age) who made a mod for GT2 that was all LeMans 67 and the WSC for 67. He made some specific cars seen nowhere else and was only available there. I have the last edition of the mod, but he was still working on it to finish up some of the last cars. The mod used the LeMans Classic Mod by BorekS as the base. They also made the tracks used in the 67 WSC. He made some Alfa's ,some Lolas and Alpines that were not previously available. Gone now! There was also the Absolute LeMans mod for GTR2 that was in it's 6th edition.

.....The mod used the LeMans Classic Mod by BorekS as the base. They also made the tracks used in the 67 WSC. He made some Alfa's ,some Lolas and Alpines that were not previously available. Gone now! There was also the Absolute LeMans mod for GTR2 that was in it's 6th edition.
This mod?

"LE MANS CLASSICS ADD-ON FOR GTR 2
=================================
Version: 1.01

DESCRIPTION
-----------
A free car add-on for GTR 2 game (SimBin). Contents some kind of historic Le Mans racing series cars from late 60s / early 70s.

CREDITS
-------
2D/3D stuff: BorekS, RookieoftheMans, Marco F., tsf2, dbstreet and DonPanoz
Car physics: deep-strike
Sounds: NEChris and wolferl, adapted for the cars by deep-strike
Special thanks to: LooseEther, Altbierbude testdrivers MichaW, Manfred Haupenthal, Terra24, valentinocavrag, Norbert Calenborn

CAR LIST / CAR MODEL INFO
-------------------------
Ferrari 330 P3/4 - external and cpit 3d model based on original P4 model by tsf2; initial P4 adaptation for game by dbstreet and DonPanoz; final 2d/3d overhaul by BorekS; physics by deep-strike; sounds by NEChris; adapted for the car by deep-strike

Ferrari 330 P4 - external and cpit 3d model originally by tsf2; initial P4 adaptation for game by dbstreet and DonPanoz; final 2d/3d overhaul by BorekS; physics by deep-strike; sounds by NEChris; adapted for the cars by deep-strike

Ferrari 412P - external and cpit 3d model based on original P4 model by tsf2; initial P4 adaptation for game by dbstreet and DonPanoz; final 2d/3d overhaul by BorekS; physics by deep-strike; sounds by NEChris; adapted for the cars by deep-strike

Ford Mk.IV - external and cpit 3d model originally by Marco F.; final 2d/3d overhaul by BorekS; physics by deep-strike; sounds by wolferl; adapted for the cars by deep-strike

Porsche 907 K - external 3d model based partly on original Porsche 908 LH model by RookieOfTheMans; final 2d/3d design by BorekS; physics by deep-strike; sounds by NEChris; adapted for the cars by deep-strike

Porsche 907 LH - external 3d model based very on original Porsche 908 LH model by RookieOfTheMans; final 2d/3d design by BorekS; physics by deep-strike; sounds by NEChris; adapted for the cars by deep-strike

Porsche 908 K - external 3d model based partly on original Porsche 908 LH model by RookieOfTheMans; final 2d/3d design by BorekS; physics by deep-strike; sounds by NEChris; adapted for the cars by deep-strike

Porsche 908 LH - external 3d model based very on original Porsche 908 LH model by RookieOfTheMans; final 2d/3d overhaul by BorekS; physics by deep-strike; sounds by NEChris; adapted for the cars by deep-strike

Porsche 917 K (1969) - external 3d model inspired by original Porsche 908 LH model by RookieOfTheMans;
final 2d/3d design by BorekS; physics by deep-strike; sounds by NEChris; adapted for the cars by deep-strike

Porsche 917 L (1969) - external 3d model inspired by original Porsche 908 LH model by RookieOfTheMans; final 2d/3d design by BorekS; physics by deep-strike; sounds by NEChris; adapted for the cars by deep-strike"

Tried to log in. Does not recognize my user name or password.
It's strange. I can log (I use Topic'it + Google, but it should work with the classic username + password). Also, I saw new posts/comments today. Maybe some accounts lost acces after the URL change?

Edit: Theres another working URL, https://www.evolution-modding.net/. I don't know why, but there are now 2 different URL for the same forum.

Last edited:
Yes. And the whole problem of uploading stuff from other authors. RD is fantastic but lots of us have super large collections that probably wouldn't be welcome on RD. At least, that's the impression I get.

My understanding of policy here is that you can upload mods from other people as long as proper credit is given and you remove the file if the owner appears and requests it.

There are those who believe that nothing should be uploaded anywhere, any time, without notarized, written, permission of the original creator (cosigned by god and Oprah). But that does not take into account the very nature of the internet - it is transient and fleeting. A person may be quite prolific with mods for a particular game for a couple of years then move on; no one has heard from them in years, they may even have departed this vale of tears. Does that mean no one should ever enjoy those mods again? And what of those mods that contain no contact information, or outdated information, or no names at all just install information?

I have created numerous realistic wide screen panels for MS Flight Sim, but cannot upload any of them because I cannot provide written permission for every gauge, switch, and mfd used. (A large panel can have dozens of these, my gauge folder contains over 4500 files dating back to 1998, and I've no idea where most came from.) So I post screenshots and email the files to anyone interested.

In some cases documentation may state "this file is only available from X site". Ten years later that site is history, should that file be lost forever because of that? I did not allow my mods on nog rip nor on sites which charged for downloads, but beyond that I didn't care (it's interesting where they still turn up, once found some carsets and sounds for ICR2 on an Italian site).

My understanding of policy here is that you can upload mods from other people as long as proper credit is given and you remove the file if the owner appears and requests it.

There are those who believe that nothing should be uploaded anywhere, any time, without notarized, written, permission of the original creator (cosigned by god and Oprah). But that does not take into account the very nature of the internet - it is transient and fleeting. A person may be quite prolific with mods for a particular game for a couple of years then move on; no one has heard from them in years, they may even have departed this vale of tears. Does that mean no one should ever enjoy those mods again? And what of those mods that contain no contact information, or outdated information, or no names at all just install information?

I have created numerous realistic wide screen panels for MS Flight Sim, but cannot upload any of them because I cannot provide written permission for every gauge, switch, and mfd used. (A large panel can have dozens of these, my gauge folder contains over 4500 files dating back to 1998, and I've no idea where most came from.) So I post screenshots and email the files to anyone interested.

In some cases documentation may state "this file is only available from X site". Ten years later that site is history, should that file be lost forever because of that? I did not allow my mods on nog rip nor on sites which charged for downloads, but beyond that I didn't care (it's interesting where they still turn up, once found some carsets and sounds for ICR2 on an Italian site).
I have been thinking about this subject a lot. I see MJQT Has decided to upload a few tracks, and so far, no complaints. I would love to upload some of the more obscure and long-lost mods so they stay available and people can try them out.
Most are crappy in some way and have been adjusted to make them playable and bring out the quality intended by the original modder. Some may or may not contain 3D models borrowed from other mods.
Do I have to ensure that every aspect of a particular mod is legit and original and ensure the content has not been adjusted in any way? Do I need to track down every person or business that has since ceased to exist and seek written permission?

Yes that was said in relation to the loss of nogrip and was really only for older games such as GTR2, GTL and rFactor.
I'm sure most modders would be pleased that their work is still being used and appreciated and as you said if they're not then the remedy is simple.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.