1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

amd bulldozer or i7?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by David Woodmass, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Hi guys,

I am looking at buying a pc, reading the recommended specs on f1 2012 it says amd bulldozer or i7. Now i know the more you spend generally the more you get but an amd bulldozer system is coming in quite a bit cheaper than an i7.

Is there a huge performance difference here?

2. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

All games and GPU's run perfect on a i5.

3. cheers mate :thumbsup:

My mind is fried with all these pc specs lol wish there was a site i could just select the games i play then it would give me the best pc at the cheapest price haha

4. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

If it's for gaming the i5-3570k is a very good choise for every game. The only advantage an i7 has is hyperthreading and most games don't use that.

5. See something like that i would never have known lol cheers bud much appreciated

6. Yep, what Peter said :) The i7 is great if you do other things like Photoshop or 3ds Max as well as your racing, but for games, stick with the i5 as nothing beats it right now. :)

7. The i7 will be truly useful for gaming in just a few years I would think, so until then you have time to save money :p

8. Thanks guys. In the middle of speaking with scan who are being very helpful would recommend them to anyone based on my dealing with them so far. Gonna go with the i5 and make sure i have the funds available to upgrade when i need to

9. How does this sound?

Case : Galaxy 3 Gamers Style Midi Tower Case
    Motherboard : Gigabyte H61M Motherboard Technology
    CPU : Intel Quad Core I5 2380P 3.1Ghz CPU
    Hard Drive : 500gb Sata Hard Drive
    Memory : 4gb DDR3 1333 Memory
    Graphics Card : ATI Radeon 5450 1gb DDR3 with HDMI
    Optical Drive : 24x Dual Layer Sata DVD Writer

£300

10. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

It's good enough for email, internet and Freecell.

11. Lmfao :roflmao: think i will stick to what scan advise me then! just thought i would have a browse around and look for what people have told me and came across this lol

12. is this better peter?

System Case
    1 Coolermaster K-350 Performance Case with 450W Corsair PSU
    Motherboard
    1 Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H, Intel Z77 Chipset
    CPU
    1 Intel Core i5 3570K, Ivy Bridge, 3.4GHz, Quad Core, 6MB Cache
    Memory - DDR3
    2 8GB Total (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    Gaming Graphics Cards
    1 1GB EVGA GTX 650 TI SSC, 1071MHz GPU, 768 Cores, 5400MHz GDDR5
    Sound Card
    1 Asus Xonar DG 5.1 Gaming Sound Card & Headphone Amp!
    Solid State Drives - High Performance System Drive
    1 *Solid State Drive Not Required use HDD Below*
    System Drive
    1 1TB Seagate Barracuda, SATA6, 7200rpm, 64Mb Cache
    Optical Drive
    1 Samsung SH-224BB - 24X DVD Writer
    Operating system
    1 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit - OEM

13. That looks like a pretty decent system David. There is room to upgrade, but for the most part it should do fine.

14. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

That's decent but for future upgrades you need a more powerfull PSU. You can play every sim on medium/high settings.

15. Cool looks like we may have a winner! Thanks alot guys and peter i will keep the psu in mind just waiting to see my commision for payday might be able to stretch the budget a bit more

16. Wayne Hammond

Wayne Hammond
    Daisychainsaw

Would definitely spend some cash on a ssd, i've just upgraded my PC with a 60gb ssd and wow what a difference. :)