All of my Purchased Cars and Tracks Have Disappeared!

I recently picked up rFactor 2 and purchased the Endurance Pack and the Track Expansion Pack too (see screenshot below) during the Steam Lunar Sale. They were all downloaded and were installed properly. I had no problems accessing any of my purchased content. Friday night I logged into Multiplayer with a friend and we raced at track that comes with rF2. Today, when I logged into rF2 to practice at one of my paid tracks and with one of my paid cars, all I see now is the track listed that we raced at in multiplayer on Friday (Tsukuba) and the Nissan car we both used. Where did all of my paid for content go to? Please help. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

1644200245008.png

I figured it out. I needed to go to the Series tab and select All Cars and Tracks. I'm a complete moron! :(

The best problems are those you figure out relatively quickly yourself! :) You are not the first, and will not be the last who does this!

Also, thumbs up for actually mentioning what was wrong. So many just writes "fixed it", without actually saying what the fix was :)

I figured it out. I needed to go to the Series tab and select All Cars and Tracks. I'm a complete moron! :(
No no no that is too slow and you get random car and skins number
Pick McLaren in GT3 and in race you will have more McLaren then anything because it has 2 cars with 4 variants

What you need to do is use MAS2 ( it is in the support folder) to make mods out of all content

That way NOTHING can be uninstalled when it updates or change in any way or form till YOU are ready to

That keeps all your saved races and online untouched

Other upsides is each mod will be small list of cars and tracks to scroll
Another upside is you can add the exact cars, tracks, track layouts car numbers and skins YOU wish

Yes yes I know now you can activate de-active skins before race but that means you have to do it every time you race and you need photographic memory or huge spreadsheet to know skins by car number ...good luck with that
Then there is the issue with repeating car numbers ( why they ever did that I will never understand )

All cars and tracks is for the birds

rfmods mod manager.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my packages folders as you can see there is no content in it just rfmods .....what ? :O_o: <<< lol

Another thing a lot don't know is you can make multiple packages folders to store manually downloaded content and then store that content anywhere ;)

You can see all that is in my packages is 800kb of rfmods that contain all my rF2 content both workshop and manual download

So when something gets updated in workshop you won't lose the old version but it will install new version

So you can make 2 rfmods one with old content one if new and test till you are happy then delete old content from rfmod add new content and click re-package all done

making rfmods.jpg

Last edited:
More ! Yes lol
Once you have all your rfmods sweet
Delete all cars track.mft and cch files
Now when you go to select all you see is YOUR list of mods no all cars tracks
If you need to see all content listed just use Mod Manager ( ModMgr.exe in STEAM\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin32 ) Does not need steam running either
Pretty slick hey lol ;)

all car track.jpg

More ! Yes lol
If you need to see all content listed just use Mod Manager ( ModMgr.exe in STEAM\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin32 ) Does not need steam running either
Pretty slick hey lol ;)

View attachment 539017
Love the way you have your install organized. :thumbsup: Super slick indeed!

So slick I wonder why Studio 397 couldn't streamline the process to create these with a new, less cryptic separate tool or embed it in the new UI. Or even simply just provide some starter rfmods with the default content they ship with the sim from the Steam Workshop. Wouldn't that be lovely? And provide a much better onboarding experience for new users?

To be clear -- other than the new bug with rfmods Durge discovered after the Daytona content update -- things are fine as is once you get the hang of it. And I know 397 has enough other issues to sort out. But just thinking out loud, it definitely could be more frictionless and more new-user-friendly.

Last edited:
It is the little bugs that worry me
All my rfmods have at least 1 tracks and car not by alphabet or described as others in list
Like in LMP-GTE mods Lemans is at the top with Road America
All cars have name and class except Caddy is just listed as DPi
In Historic OW mod is only a handful of cars but has huge list of models all over the place
like I said small bugs can still smile lol :)

Another thing I love about rfmods
I have 2 ASR mods, one for 1991 and one for the rest, about 20 cars I think
So start a dedicated server and make it private it is simple to do
Save all the settings you want for offline racing exactly ( this will be saved for all future runs of your rfmods )
Join server pick 1st a car, test, review, setups, hotlap, screenshots whatever it does not matter
When you ready for next car go to garage and swap it :confused:

20 cars in all sims = 20 track reloads
rF2 = 1 :x3: cherry on top, you don't lose any of that good rubber after 1 hour where in all other sims you be back to what you set them at every track reload lol so much for dynamics lol

As well anyone thinking you get drop in fps or lag or anything ! No private server you don't and you can run it on your PC you don't need a server lol

Last edited:
See here Dallara Indycar already has update / fix
So using rfmods for all content Steam can't delete old versions till you good and ready or run both versions in 2 mods whatever floats your boat

View attachment 539148
Okay, this is super interesting to know that you can preserve old versions in this way. Would you be willing to compile these nuggets of wisdom about rfmods into a separate thread? I feel like this is stuff other users deserve to know and be able to find in one place.

Last edited:
Okay, this is super interesting to know that you can preserve old versions in this way. Would you be willing to compile these nuggets of wisdom about rfmods into a separate thread? I feel like this is stuff other users deserve to know and be able to find in one place.

If so @Durge Driven you should start from the very beginning in the first post. And make it a nice little guide :)

More ! Yes lol
Pretty slick hey lol ;)

View attachment 539017

Wow! That’s some really amazing information that you provided. Thanks so much. I think I understand most of it. I’m not sure that I could set this up on my own. I have Parkinson’s disease which has affected my cognitive abilities to grasp complex things that I used to be able to do so very easily years ago when I worked as a Quality Engineer for Philips Medical. It sucks!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 215 88.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 42 17.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 34 13.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 36 14.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 65 26.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 82 33.6%