Cars Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ

Awesome! I got back home today after a week on holiday in Switzerland... to find this! :inlove:

Thank you - downloading now! I knew this day would come. Just not this soon :thumbsup:

I had a very quick go in the car so far. Really good fun to drive, loving the body roll, feels like poetry in motion when you get it right. I did a lap at a green Monza and Bridgehampton to see what the pace was like compared to times on RSC. I'm guessing there was a chicane at Monza for the 1965 1000km as I was miles faster than even the TZ2 on my first ever lap in the car. Bridgehampton was closer, a couple of seconds quicker on my first lap at Bridgehampton than the car did at the 1964 double 500 but it was cool and damp according to RSC. Loving the car so far! Thanks for including a template as well :thumbsup:

I'm guessing there was a chicane at Monza for the 1965 1000km as I was miles faster than even the TZ2 on my first ever lap in the car.

Yes, there was. Two, actually! A very ugly slow narrow chicane made out of haybales on the back straight of the oval plus one entering the oval. See
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/monza-1966-full-course-adding-chicane.146279/#post-2669948

The haybales were swapped out for a proper chicane similar to the oval entry in 1966.

Hi all, it's been a while but I have some minor updates ready.

I would also like to include a couple more skins for the race spec car, since there are only a couple right now. So anyone who has made skins for the car and would like to see them included by default, feel free to message me :)

Also, any pictures or info about the TZ2 would be great. I've got plenty already but with only 12 made anything counts. This is not a confirmation that I'm making one though, only collecting stuff and we'll see where it ends up.

20181020222806_1.jpg
20181020225004_1.jpg
20181020230607_1.jpg
20181020231120_1.jpg

Time to revive this thread finally.
As you may or may not know, I've decided to take a short break from current projects to give this one an update with what I've learned so far. Reworked, improved and added mostly interior related stuff and gonna redo pretty much all the textures for the interior.

And a question for all of you, currently the car is set up so the race spec version is an upgrade of the road car which requires you to install both even if you only want the race version. Would people prefer it they were standalone or is the way it is now fine?

Great news indeed! :thumbsup:

Personally, I only tend to drive the race version if a car has road or race (TZ, S800 RSC, TVR Griffith), but it doesn't bother me than much to have an unused car installed because of the author's preference.

I'm with @Fat-Alfie on this one; I'll only be driving the race version but have no qualms about having both installed.

If having it as an upgrade one allows you to have some resources shared so the pair takes up less space, I think it's the obvious direction to choose. If the system doesn't allow for any shared resources, then it's purely a preference thing.

Either way, I'm not fussed. I'm just excited I have a pretty classic car to play with. :)

I don't mind either way. The road versions definitely have a place. LA Canyons with all of those little road cars from the 60's can be really good fun but I never managed to get a single driver to join the server with me despite sitting in there for a few hours overall :p

Thanks for the very lovely representation!

In case you get around to a TZ2, this video recently popped up, starring Andrea de Adamich as the featured driver. Good little discussion of the differences between the two models near the end.

Very cool, thanks for sharing. The TZ2 certainly is on my list of cars I want to do, I even collected pictures/data and set up all the files for it after I first released the TZ1, but for most of last year modding has been a very low priority for me unfortunately. I just can't find the time to really work on mods.

Good afternoon!
Excuse for troubling.

I would like to thank you for your work on the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ. He is excellent, but it seemed to me that he could look even better. Therefore, I allowed myself to redo the model a bit. The other day I posted my photos in one of the Assetto Corsa fan groups, and this updated version fell into the frame:

I changed the wheel model, added a radiator grill and suspension parts, and also reworked the interior and exterior a bit. The physics is the same, sounds too.

They started offering me to share this. I do not claim your authorship, and if I publish my version, you will in any case be indicated as the author. And I will give a link to your page. But - if you are categorically against my publication, let me know, and then I will cancel the publication.

Yours sincerely, Андрей Карабанов (Sapsan)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back