AI's IMPLEMENTATION into iRACING

M D Gourley

Premium
Hello everyone,
Now we know that AI is coming to iRacing at some stage...can iRacing Staff give some more information about how it is going to work?. Just a few Questions below

1/ How is it going to be Implemented?...Do we sign in as usual and go to another part of the Website to access the AI component?

2/ Can iRacers use their existing purchased content with AI or do iRacers have to repurchase the content they want to use with AI?

3/ What Car Series and Tracks will be available with AI?...All eventually or just a selected amount.

4/ Will the AI component be updated / improved as per the existing iRacing procedures ie' Updates Required'

5/ Will AI be used to fill up a Grid in Human races?

6/ Can the AI component of iRacing be played 'OFF LINE' without having to sign in or be connected to the internet?

7/ How is the OVAL racing going to work?...Full flag, pit stops etc much like the other Nascar games.

These are just a few Questions and I am sure many more can be added.

I am personally excited about the inclusion of AI into iRacing and will purchase missing content to make good use of the AI component when it gets here....exciting times ahead.

I’m not a iRacing member, don’t know if I have the money for it, but this is very disappointing. This should be made available for non members for a one off payment and free to members with offline play, but it seems like they don’t want the extra money.

I’m not a iRacing member, don’t know if I have the money for it, but this is very disappointing. This should be made available for non members for a one off payment and free to members with offline play, but it seems like they don’t want the extra money.

Your comment really doesn't make any sense lol why pay a fee just to race ai when you can pay a fee to have access to everything and one of the best online sims?

It's FREE for ALL members with a subscription!

With your idea of paying for ai only.....what if a costumer decides he enjoys the title and wants to race online? Now he has to pay for AI + subscription + content= hell no your just adding cost to an already high priced product.

Last edited:
Your comment really doesn't make any sense lol why pay a fee just to race ai when you can pay a fee to have access to everything and one of the best online sims?

It's FREE for ALL members with a subscription!

With your idea of paying for ai only.....what if a costumer decides he enjoys the title and wants to race online? Now he has to pay for AI + subscription + content= hell no your just adding cost to an already high priced product.

It makes perfect sense, not everyone wants, or is willing to pay the the subscription to keep playing iRacing but would like the content.

Your argument that paying for the AI and then deciding later you want to play online isnt an issue, it would not add to the cost at all. All they have to do is give you a discount on your next subscription if you have the AI pack, that’s it, job done, very simple if you actually think about it and I guarantee there loads of people who would be interested in that. To be able to run against AI with your iRacing content no matter where you are and if you have an internet connection, I’m sure there’s a market for that.

The fact there’s a commercial license to do this exact thing means the work is already being done, just make a retail license and a discount for the subscription and it will be great, not sure why you can’t see that.

I’d purchase that in a heart beat.

Some news regarding AI:

AI: Making really good progress on the AI itself and the related UI. We will start with both a one-off race option and the ability to build a whole season including loading rosters. We are excited about it but still work to do on both the AI and the UI. In fact, we plan on making the AI available in our booth at the sim expo in Germany for people to try. It is already very fun and quite good. More about that soon. It is one of those things we could probably keep working on forever; there is so much to it. I’m not sure when we are going to roll it out, but we are talking about months not years. We certainly want it to be very good and not rush it out. We are not sure if in our initial roll-out we will limit it to certain cars or not. That will be evaluated as we get closer. However right now working on everything at once.

Found on the official forums.

iRacing AI at Sim race expo.

Looking very good!

Belive this is the same video i watched on the iracing form yesterday.

The one I viewed the ai looked pretty decent but reminded me alot of AMS/RF1 where the ai runs a train on the outside allowing the user to take the inside path and gain several positions.

Hopefully the finally release will have the ai defending/attacking during corner entry.

It'd be cool if they could implement something like drivatars on Forza Motorsport. They are tracking driving data anyway. So someone who drives aggressive gets translated into aggressive AI with the tendencies of said driver. Someone who is conservative won't make rash moves etc. Someone who brakes late gets translated to a late braker in the AI.
Try to add some "human" element to the AI.

I too would have hoped for a full offline Iracing edition with various modes against the AI like full seasons or one of races like at various Nascar and Indycar circuits. I have wished for a long time to have an updated version of my beloved Nascar Racing 2003. I used to subscribe to Iracing a few years ago but it was getting expensive and I prefer racing against AI and being offline any way. I can only hope that one day they will provide that full offline version to the public.

After all I have read you'll be able to run custom championships with individual driver strength and custom skins etc. However I don't know if that is possible from the start.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.