1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AI performance in Qualify and race very different

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Sk3ptik0n, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

While testing the new F3 car I noticed that the AI is furiously fast in qualification yet when I go to race mostof the AI, except for 2 opr 3 of them, drive like they forgot how to go fast.

For instance, I tried to tune the game so I would qualify at a decent spot for a AI race. I had to go all the way down to 80% in order to be able to qualify on pole. Then I bumped it up to 85% in order to have a realistic field.

After that I went to the race and I absolutely wiped the floor with all the AI except for the pole position. That I had to work at but eventually I passed him and after 2 laps he was long gone.

So I upped the strength to 100% and I qualified dead last. Once again, in the race I was able (without dive bombing) to pass the entire field inside of the first 2 laps except for the first 3 drivers. It took me5 laps to be behind first place and eventually I passed it too.

The other annoying thing is that in qualification all the AI qualifies inside the same 1/2 second or so. That seems unrealistic tome as well especially considering that in the race they tend to have several groups, from very slow to fast. But to have a decent race I have to set them up at 120%, which means I always start last.

Is this happening only to me?
  2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium Member

don't press next session or finish session. use accelerate time. you can assign a key to this. bug in the isi code is when you finish a session early they all forget what ai level they are at.
  3. btw, GSC is still crashing when I have disabled qualifying with (Qualy=0) in my <playername>.plr
  4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

The option to disable quali is currently not supported. It´s a bug in the code which we´ve not managed to sort, trickier than it sounds unfortunately.