AI Lights Shining in cockpit (Lag)

Hi all,

When I race at night, the AI's lights would shine in my cockpit and make my game lag A LOT, to the point where I can't drive without crashing. Is there a way to reduce the lag? For example, preventing the AI's light in your cockpit or something?

Edit the following values on your .PLR userdata file

Max Headlights="3" // Max headlights visible relative to your car.
Headlights On Cars="0" // Headlights illuminate other cars.
Shadows In TV Cockpit="0" // Disable/enable shadows on cockpit

Explanation:

Max Headlights: Limits the number of proyector lights used by cars, saving a lot GPU Usage
Headlights on Cars: Enables/Disables proyector Headlights being affected to other cars (Saving GPU Usage)
Shadows In TV Cockpit: Enables/Disables shadows on cockpit.

Also to prevent crashing, play as windowed mode.

IF you want fullscreen-like experience, use Borderless Gaming to play as borderless windowed (it's fullscreen but not at all). Also helps you to alt+tab safe.

and use +fullproc -highprio on your rFactor shortcut properties, at the end of "Target" after "" and space.

There is also a small app that makes your old game use more than one core of the CPU. I think from memory it is called Bill's process manager. It's in the French language I think and is a fun puzzle to work out how to use it. However, it makes a big difference and is worth the time to get running.

There is also a small app that makes your old game use more than one core of the CPU. I think from memory it is called Bill's process manager. It's in the French language I think and is a fun puzzle to work out how to use it. However, it makes a big difference and is worth the time to get running.
Yeah that's a similar method I was using with process lasso. has the same procedure as Bill's process manager. But it was a kinda heavy program due being advanced as a task manager. Probably Bill's is the best option if you want to use that core assignment.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back