AI double stint

Hi all,

Is there a way to make the AI NOT change tyres? I am preparing an offline Le Mans race using URD PX1 for LMP1s, and I have tried to assign setups to the AI. I have done myself a double stint with S7 tyres quite easily, but the AI always change the tyres when they pit for fuel, which is not realistic.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, MPortnoy, but maybe I did not made my intetion clear. I would like the AI to change tyres, but only when they are worn out. Like, in Le Mans, it should be possible to drive for 3 stints/fuel tanks before changing tyres. So there should be 1 or 2 pits for only fuel, and them a full service fuel+tyres pit stop.

How do you know they are changing tires each time they stop? I've looked at loganalyzer and although it lists "tires in" and "tires out," that doesn't mean they (or I) changed tires. If I go in just for fuel only, it tells me I had hards in and hards out. My problem is that the AI pit for fuel earlier than they have to. I ran a 6-hour at Le Mans_2017 and finished second, but I pitted once less. If I had taken another pitstop, I would have finished 14th or so. I have the AI using my setup and have that setup as the default for the track.

Hi Booth,

Yes they do pit before needed, this is why I force myself a "maximun lap per stint rule"... which exists in real life, so it is "ok"...

But I know they are changing tyres because I edited the HDV so we can't refuel and change tyres at the same time (like most real life endurance series that I know) . So I know it by the pit time. When I double stint I get 18s less in the pits.

I don't know what a "double stint" is. Does that mean you race for only two pitstops at a time?
I am going to start pitting on their same schedule, so that will fix the fueling thing.
I'm using the S397 endurance cars, and I don't believe all of the files are unencrypted. I can do the dd and veh files, but I think the rest are encrypted. So I don't really know if they're changing tires or not. Interestingly, I had set a default setup for medium tires. The AI started on mediums but immediately pitted on the first lap and changed to hards.

"Double stint the tyres" to be more accurate, usually means to race two fuel tanks before chaging tyres. Example, start the race with full tank, pit after X laps for a "fuel only pit stop" (keeping the tyres), drive more X laps and the pit for a "full service pit stop", that is, refuel and change tyres.

Sorry to know that the S397 endurance pack are encrypted, hope they got every detail right.... I needed tons of changes in the URD files to make it enjoyable...

What kind of tire wear are you seeing? On my six hours, I changed tires only once and even then they were at about 80%. The total race was 92 laps or so, so I was getting around 40 laps per tire set. If I used the double stint method, I would be changing tires every 20 laps or so. One tank of fuel gets about 10 laps. Another one of my problems (and it's probably my driving style) is that the tires tend to stay cold. When I look at the wear numbers in loganalyzer, I'm wearing my hards at a rate that is 1/4 that of the AI.

The AI change their tires because there is no time lost while refueling because fuel and tires are done "simultaneously". Tires = 23 seconds, Fuel = 45 seconds with Pit Time totaling = 45.2 seconds.

My testing was done with "Studio 397 Endurance Pack" at Le Mans 2017. No doubt other car mods will vary depending on the modder's interpetation of what he believes and desires!

Last edited:
What kind of tire wear are you seeing? On my six hours, I changed tires only once and even then they were at about 80%. The total race was 92 laps or so, so I was getting around 40 laps per tire set. If I used the double stint method, I would be changing tires every 20 laps or so. One tank of fuel gets about 10 laps. Another one of my problems (and it's probably my driving style) is that the tires tend to stay cold. When I look at the wear numbers in loganalyzer, I'm wearing my hards at a rate that is 1/4 that of the AI.
I am using URD DARSCHE S7 tyres most of the time. I did not take note of the figures but would probably be competitive for about 20 laps (2 stints) maybe 3.

The AI change their tires because there is no time lost while fueling because fuel and tires are done "simultaneously". Tires = 23 seconds, Fuel = 45 seconds with Pit Time totaling = 45.2 seconds.

My testing was done with "Studio 397 Endurance Pack" at Le Mans 2017. No doubt other car mods will vary depending on the modder's interpetation of what he believes and desires!
Fuel and tyres simultaneously... sorry to know that. An ENDURANCE pack should not work like that

You are right I take it back. Until recently that was not allowed in most endurance series I have been watching. Apparently this is not the case anymore. It was not the case in this year Le Mans ( just checked). Personally I think this restriction is interesting for the race strategy, but anyway, I can't say the pack is incorrect.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 2 5.1%