AI crashing so much

Hockenheim 1988 track AI crashing like idiots in second chicane... it's absolutely unplayable to race with AI on this track... on other tracks AI crashed less but still I see a lot of crashes... is there some way to fix it and get AI more stable without stupid crashes?

Last edited:
Not really. It also depends very much on the cars used, but overall AC ai is like that.
ai-strength and ai-agression you probably played with?
in Hockenheim 1988 I tried use different cars (from historic to GT3) on AI strength 100% and AI agression from 30% to 80%... but nothing helps... AI is just weird, especially at race start

in Hockenheim 1988 I tried use different cars (from historic to GT3) on AI strength 100% and AI agression from 30% to 80%... but nothing helps... AI is just weird, especially at race start
On problems on starting grid, sometimes it helps to copy this file from "ks_monza66"
1655155188895.png

into your folder:
...tracks\theTrack\theLayout\data\
or
...tracks\theTrack\data\

Last edited:
Perhaps you can try making your own AI lines? I have read that sometimes depending on the vehicle the initial config was created may not translate to certain car types. Here is a quick video outlining how you can create your own lines if your not familiar.

Last edited:
Also, adding a well-made ai_hints.ini file to the track can make a huge difference to the performance of the AI, turning a track from an unplayable mess to a hugely challenging, competitive race :thumbsup:

Also, adding a well-made ai_hints.ini file to the track can make a huge difference to the performance of the AI, turning a track from an unplayable mess to a hugely challenging, competitive race :thumbsup:
Aye just tested this (edit: very dirty hack), they overpower ridiculously :roflmao:, so for VALUE start w/ smth like 1.05:
[HINT_0]
START=0.0
END=1.0
VALUE=1.5

edit2: with 1.2 they are ~1 sec faster on a 1minute track, z4 street, it makes them push harder
edit3: sweetspot is lower, like 1.1 on this track i am testing

Last edited:
I have been experimenting with micro-hints for my next track, where I enter 2 or 3 hints for some long corners. Watching onboard replays shows that sometimes an AI driver might enter a corner too fast, then back off, then speed up again, unsettling the car.

By adding hints at specific points, you can get them to drive in a much more human style.

Aye just tested this (edit: very dirty hack), they overpower ridiculously :roflmao:, so for VALUE start w/ smth like 1.05:
[HINT_0]
START=0.0
END=1.0
VALUE=1.5

edit2: with 1.2 they are ~1 sec faster on a 1minute track, z4 street, it makes them push harder
can you explain what I have to add for Hockenheim 1988 to correct weird AI race start?

I have been experimenting with micro-hints for my next track, where I enter 2 or 3 hints for some long corners. Watching onboard replays shows that sometimes an AI driver might enter a corner too fast, then back off, then speed up again, unsettling the car.

By adding hints at specific points, you can get them to drive in a much more human style.
[HINT_0]
START=0.0
END=1.0
VALUE=1.5

Thanks both, this gives an idea of how to look at some of the weaknesses on certain tracks - I really appreciate the circuits with well done AI as, with a young child, a pause button is increasingly essential! Often found AC's biggest AI weakness is corners like Maison Blanche and Masta, where the first corner could be flat, but the optimal line is to take it much slower and accelerate through the second part, I hadn't considered trying a combination.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 42 12.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 36 10.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 43 12.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 41 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 117 34.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 198 58.6%