AI cars stuck in the pits

It seems that in every qualifying/ practise run at least one AI car is stuck in their garage and don't do a timed lap. This wouldn't bother me but when I finish my qualifying, the whole starting grid is messed up because one car didn't do a timed lap. I haven't found a fix anywhere. It'really sucks to restart races because of this issue.

There are several threads here regarding this, and several causes. Worst case - an issue with pit spots in the track, may, or may not, be fixed with edits to the AIW file (the giveaway here is any car in that spot will have trouble). Is often an issue with the engine file for the car - not enough torque at low rpm; solution is to bump the torque curve around the idle point, this helps the car get moving without affecting race performance (giveaway for this is same car has trouble at most tracks); use Tom's Engine Shop for this, much simpler than editing manually.

Also, let the qualifying session run its course, accelerate time if necessary but do not cut the session short. Sometimes a car will sit there through most of the session then do a run with just a few minutes left. And if the session is cut short the game will assign qualifying times to any car that didn't go out, usually ridiculous times.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 6.4%