1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC AC RC issue: Post Processing decreases picture quality

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Greg Latty, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Before the update, the post process effect made the game look a lot better than in normal mode. But now it looks blurry and faded in comparison. here are two pictures I took to show the difference:

Here it is with all PP effects off but everything else on Ultra

And here is it with PP enabled. Motion blur and Depth of field are off, Photogenic mode (No matter which mode i choose the yellow looks faded) and everything else is Ultra and 100% color sat.

Anyone else experiencing this?
  2. I agree top pic looks better. Tbh i thought the graphics in the last version were alot better and the fps were constant, lets hope its get fixed for final release :unsure:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I don't normally care for the PP modes, at least until the 1.0 RC patch. I haven't used any of them in the showroom but the dynamic mode looks good when racing, really good.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I think they seem to wash out the colours and make things look pretty bad.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Depends on the setting. Photographic mode certainly dials down the color saturation but some people prefer that look. Dynamic doesn't do this, but again, I'm talking about in game racing, not the showroom.
  6. Im noticing that the showroom looks worse than when actually racing. The interior and lighting look a lot better with pp on. Maybe its a bug with the showroom?
  7. Sounds like it.
  8. PP is definitely not working properly, with PP enabled everything seems aweful, not matter what settings.
    Also reflections are broken, cars look much better with reflection disabled. It seems reflection is just placing a thick blanket of dull varnish.
  9. I'm not getting any of that. PP has a noticeable effect and each setting is different. Reflections look fine also on my machine. Maybe you have the depth of field enabled. I don't like the effect so I disable it. It will cause blurring when enabled.
  10. Msportdan

@ Simberia @Simberia

For me ac has gotten worse looking over this beta period. All,details have been lost now with the new pp and it feels more like a Micheal bay movie than a day at the tracks.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. absolutely agree
  12. Stereo

Premium Member

I disabled the heat waves as well because while the effect is neat, the particles kept spawning sharply out of existence. maybe once it's smoother it'll be nice.
  13. You realize you can disable the PP? You don't have to use the effects.
  14. I disabled heat waves too. Its nice that they added it but it needs to be tweaked a bit to look more convincing.