Resource icon

Apps AC Head Physics 1.3.4b

Login or Register an account to download this content
gurkesaft submitted a new resource:

AC Head Physics - 6 DOF physically modeled head inertia

INTRODUCTION
Your head, neck, body, inner ear, brain, and eyes work in concert to provide phenomenal vibration isolation and image stabilization, and this is the one thing I have felt was missing from Assetto since day 1. I was absolutely thrilled to learn that CSP v0.2.0 gives us scripting control over the head motion in Assetto Corsa, allowing me to write this engine.

AC Head Physics models inertia, a restoring force, and damping for all 6...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks! That is eventually in the plan, along with steering wheel and drift tracking, but I am literally a physicist with no time and two young kids on top of that.

I will post the github and maybe someone with more time can submit a pull request. Or I will get to it later...

I'm replying here because I don't think it's possible to reply directly under the review. I can completely understand, especially if you're busy, so don't feel stressed about this. It's really good either way. I'll be looking forward to when you'll be able to add new functions :)
https://www.overtake.gg/javascript:

I just want to appreciate how all the settings have descriptions on them, which we miss on most AC mods.
Hah! Yeah, I 100% agree, which is why it's so... verbose. CM and CSP are just not documented and it drives me nuts every time I try to figure something out.

Let me know if anything needs clarifying; I have been taking feedback from a lot of people on this to de-physics it a bit.

Does the view always start out levelled (pitch=0.0), even for cars which have a default camera pitch other than 0? (I think it is, but if I touch the camera pitch setting, it obviously isn't.)

Does the view always start out levelled (pitch=0.0), even for cars which have a default camera pitch other than 0? (I think it is, but if I touch the camera pitch setting, it obviously isn't.)
It should shake around the equilibrium set by the in game head adjustments. Are you seeing strange behavior?

So, when running in VR, what is the benefit of this versus Real Head Motion?
Haven't tried real head motion and cannot vouch for the physics, but it looks cool. I guess in the least the one I wrote is open source, integrated in CM, and you don't need an external app running. I am also a physicist who does a lot of feedback & control theory, but the equations are not crazy enough to limit another enthusiast.

I'd say if RHM does what you want definitely use that! Maybe I will link to that so people know all the options (though the download seems behind a forum).

@gurkesaft Loving your app, thanks very much for sharing.
I'd like to add more fore/aft head inertia under braking and acceleration to complement my hardware setup - can you please advise how best to achieve this, which of your settings to adjust?
Thanks again.
Edit: never mind, I'm really starting to get the hang of it now and dial in some really great settings for my G-Seat/G-Belt combo. The wealth of options you've provided and the clear descriptions of what everything does is very much appreciated. Top job sir.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea