• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

A shoutout to Mr Clancy and other hardware boffins!

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Chris Butcher, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Ratings:
    +340
    [HR][/HR]Most of you will probably laugh when you read this, but oh well :p

When I was younger, I was always into racing games and watched videos of F1 C.E. on YouTube and my first ever glimpse of rFactor was a related video. After I saw that, I always wanted to play. So when I turned 18 and bought myself a new PC with the money, the first thing I invested in was rFactor and a G25. I was shown towards RaceDepartment and never looked back.

I've never really been a hardware nut, never understood how the wheels all work. I know about PC's, but I didn't even know pedals used potentiometers :redface: I've never really needed help because (thankfully) my stuff has generally been reliable, but I read up here a lot and I want to say thanks for all the insight and knowledge you have given me :) I can even use this info at work :)

So I just wanted to say thanks to you all, and keep it up, you really do offer the RD community a great service :)

2. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy

Ratings:
    +314
    Blimey...... I almost Blushed :)

Glad you enjoy the forum, makes the work worth while....... Cheers fella :) Dont forget Kris and all the other guys who always answer so many posts! Its a great forum and I'm very proud of it and the great guys that help make it so much fun to run :)

(Five English Pounds in the mail thx Butchie, best fiver I spent in ages:tongue: )

3. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Ratings:
    +340
    I remembered them, that's why I said other boffins :p