rF2 6 hours of Nürburgring

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Filip Verbert

3 questions:

1. when is the next testrace?
2. default skins or own skins? (downloadtopic for all the skins?)
3. which car do we have to choose? I don't see any cartopic?

Filip

3 questions:

1. when is the next testrace?
2. default skins or own skins? (downloadtopic for all the skins?)
3. which car do we have to choose? I don't see any cartopic?

Filip
1 I think RD will organise a test race so we can test driver swapping
2 Default and own, you can make one but you dont need an own skin, default skins are not a problem
3 PCC (Porsche SuperCup = Porsche 997 Cup )

I tested offline with 30 cars in the night.
It's quite a performance hit.
Sometimes i go back from 100+ to 16fps if there is a field of cars with their lights on around you.
Is it just me that has this?

• Kyle Evers

I tested offline with 30 cars in the night.
It's quite a performance hit.
Sometimes i go back from 100+ to 16fps if there is a field of cars with their lights on around you.
Is it just me that has this?

Nope, me too. I'll hit up to 250FPS in the day time with certain tracks. But once I get onto the starting grid at night, I slope down to 10-20FPS. And it's even worse if it's a wet track. You're not the only one my friend :wink:.

Would it be an idea to start the race in the "virtual" early morning and end just before the lights need to go on at night?
I have quite a top notch system, Intel quad on 3 ghz, 4Gb @ 1 ghz, GTX260 and still the framerate sucks at night.
Have been lowering the graphical setting allready, to get them above 30/40 at night.
But than the game almost looks like classic Sportscar GT in the daytime.

Now we know again why Simbin kicked night racing out of Race/Evo.
The graphics engine is not really suited for racing at night with big fields of cars

Lower some settings if you have problems with FPS at night, shadows and special effects more so....AA takes a big hit to, change some setting to more performance in nvidia or ati control centre, instead of having it all on high quality helps to.

I raced online at night in enduro's on a few cards, 7600gt, hd3850, 8800gts, 9600gt , without problems, you just have to lower some settings and test it untill it's right. Everyone should do this to avoid getting low frame rates on race day and causing server problems.

• Filip Verbert

1 I think RD will organise a test race so we can test driver swapping
2 Default and own, you can make one but you dont need an own skin, default skins are not a problem
3 PCC (Porsche SuperCup = Porsche 997 Cup )

Thx already for the clearup, but with point 3 I meant: Which team in the supercup series do we have to choose or is it allowable that teams can drive with the same skinned car? Or is there a carlist comming in a few days that everybody certainly is driving with a different car?

Indeed a great tip..
I reduced the maximum amount of headlight drawing back to 12 (from 256!) and car lighting off.
No is have 50+ frames with quite a field of cars around me.
By the time it gets to the night we won't have such crowded swarms of drivers.
So i suspect no FPS problems for the race, looks a bit less cool, but drives 10x better.

I cannot see my name in the Userdata location.

Attachments

• rF.jpg
    rF.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 198
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 98 91.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 38 35.5%