4K game list - looking for one with SEARCH

I started playing some recent games at 4K on my RTX3070 & love it!
Some games just won't run at 4k, so rather than DL & test 'em - I looked for a list.

Here is the best list I found - so far - but there's no search or downloadable file.
~ you can view 500 results per page, but have to use NEXT at the bottom of the page vs just clicking an alpha link list at the top, so to find RACE 07 (4k YES), I had to click & scroll thru 7 or 8 pages.

Maybe I am just not seeing a way to search that specific page (you can search the site - but not the 4K list specifically) - so let me know if you magically see something & I am just blind!

Anyone GOT a LINK to a better list?

Please share!

Any game that is properly coded will run on pretty much any resolution.
Sometimes the aspect ratio is an issue but 16:9 is pretty standard.

Did you find any game that does NOT run in 4k?

I know some old games that won't but they all have widely available wide-screen and high-resolution patches.

I probably never looked for higher resolutions than 1080 back when I was playing Race'07 & rF1, etc. because I only had a 1080 TV / monitor.

I remember getting TOCA 2 running at 1080 after editing a *.cfg or *.ini file, but I never even looked for or tried 4K because I only had a 1080 TV / monitor then too...

Since I got the RTX3070, my roommate gave me a TV that does 3840x2160 @ 60hz to use & while I said, "some games don't run @ 4K" I should have said they don't run 4K @ 60 FPS.

BATMAN is smooth as silk in 4K but some of my shooters are a stutter fest. That reminds me - I need to try Power & Glory, RDR2 & Wildlands - they are all installed, so here I go!

I guess I'll just have to try the oldies but goodies... and see how well they run.

I just didn't want to have to download & install 'em all to FAFO.

Last edited:
while I said, "some games don't run @ 4K" I should have said they don't run 4K @ 60 FPS.

BATMAN is smooth as silk in 4K but some of my shooters are a stutter fest. That reminds me - I need to try Power & Glory, RDR2 & Wildlands - they are all installed, so here I go!
Aaahh, so there are two factors to find out:
1. Can you even select 4k as a resolution in that game. Mostly not a problem but some really old games might need a community mod/patch

2. Has your 3070 enough performance for the game in 4k.
Which shooters are we talking about?
And if you have low fps... Simply reduce graphics settings to get more fps?

@RasmusP - Thanks, yeah, I just fired up a few already installed games & cranked 'em to 4K + ULTRA / MAX settings, etc. and ran the built in benchmarks (RDR2 & Wildlands). RDR2 had an AVE of 45 FPS & Wildlands (looked even better than a few years ago!) was an AVE of 60's - so i will reduce some stuff like shadow distance, AS Filtering from 16x to 8x, reduce "god rays" and other settings that won't take much away from the overall experience...

It seems to be UNREAL engine based shooters that give me stutters, but I am just beginning to note these things since I only recently got the 4K TV & RTX3070.

*I really just wanted a searchable list - so I don't have to download & install every game I own just to see if 4K is selectable.

I have been gaming for 45+ years (started on an IBM mainframe via a 2400 baud rubber cupped modem playing text based football & dungeon crawling & then we got PONG!) but I have not bought any new hardware for a very LONG time! My old PC's could handle 1080 pretty easy!

Anyway - you are right - QUOTE: Mostly not a problem but some really old games might need a community mod/patch

^^^That's basically all I want is a list / DB site so I don't have to FAFO!

BTW - Power & Glory mod for GTR2 looks pretty sweet in 4K!

I still need to fire up Race 07 & rF1 to see how they hold up after all these years.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea