4670k to Ryzen 5 2600

Depends on your target refresh rate/resolution and also on game and its settings. Bottlenecks will always be there, it just depends on whether the bottleneck will be on the CPU side or on the GPU side.

Very generally speaking (and focusing mainly on sims and on my experience running the 2600), for 60 fps gaming, 2600 should do fine. If you want higher framerates, then it will lose breath fairly quickly in most sims and you will likely already be struggling at times to maintain 120 fps for example. Especially with certain sims - I can make Raceroom to run at close to 120 fps for me, but there are situations it can go into 60's and even lower than that momentarily, and it's entirely due to low CPU speed, not due to lack of GPU power.

Higher resolutions, on the other hand, are GPU intensive while not increasing CPU usage significantly (unless you also want higher framerate, in which case what was said above also applies). You should likely be fine for 1440p/60 with the 1070, above that, it will depend on various things what the performance will be like.

But once again, regardless of this, I would strongly suggest considering at least the 3600 if you really want to go with Ryzen and if you can afford the price increase over 2600. I've previously said I'm not regretting getting the 2600 and also that I don't think the 3600 is worth the price increase for me, but I've been kinda reconsidering both lately as more real-life results come in.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back