4 Play Racing 80/20 vs. Custom Build Price

4 Play Racing runs an Ebay store where they sell the (unassembled) parts and instructions for 80/20-based sim racing rigs. Like this one here for $449 shipped in the USA (also pictured below).

My question: How much would this cost for me to purchase the materials myself?

If it's a massive savings to purchase the materials myself, I'll go that route, but the convenience of the Ebay option is compelling.

Thank you to the community for your help and advice.

s-l1600.jpg

ebay has a 20% sale (up to $100) up up until 7pdt today. I ended up buying from 4play because he found a way to mount my Integra seat and the price was a fair bit cheaper than Sim Lab even without the discount.

Upvote 0
I bought a rig from him about 2 years ago. Very good support from him and quick replies if you have any questions. He also sent me a set of the ball end allen wrenches to help assemble the rig.If you got the rig without the seat you will think that something is missing when you receive your package,it is a small and light package but everything was there and even a few extras.I highly recommend him.

Upvote 0
I've been trying to get info on his rigs by message seller on Ebay but its been a few days and no response yet. I hope his rigs are better than his useless website. I almost feel like asking him if he'd like a real website created for a trade or big discount on his rigs lol.

Almost get the feeling he doesn't want to show much or give many spec details out of fear or copycat makers coming out. I've read he emails assembly instructions and video assembly links after you purchase. Which is why I feel he doesn't want it readily available online. Understandable but for someone like me I want all the spec etc I can get to make my decision off of.

Really interested in his rigs and hope to hear from him soon.

On a side note does anyone have input on the Competition vs Competition Wide vs Competition Ultra wide besides they get wider? Is it worth the extra or more suited to larger drivers?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back