3D model for Fanatec Clubsport V3 curved pedal pads?

I've designed this wider brake pedal. It's all solid and I've even added a piece on the base that touches the side of the metal mount and would help preventing rotation or bending when pressing on the left side. I could even screw that piece to the side. Do you think this made as a piece of abs would be strong enough?

pedal3d.jpg

Upvote 0
Hmmm... the idea of the metal plate screwed to the pedal is good and easy to make. That would make it very strong and durable. Then I would only need to stick the pad to it with good double-side tape (no need to use screws). I will leave two holes on the top of the pad to be able to use the screwdriver when tightening the nuts.

pedal3d3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I will consider aluminium, although I think iron is stronger, but a pain to drill.

I have improved my designs, with round shapes. I have also designed pads for the throttle and the clutch, although I will print those later on after the brake. All screwed.

pedales-3d-4.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have my pads printed and installed. I'll post pics soon. The only problem is with the throttle pad, which has too much grip and sticks to my sole when trying to slide (I do not press the throttle like the brake, but use my foot joint to let the pedal slide). Is there any way to make the abs pad very slippery like if it was metal? I have sanded it, but there are still some marks on the surface.

Upvote 0
what about using acetone to smooth out the ABS? I've never printed in ABS so I don't know how easy that is. You could also print it on the side so the layer lines are more vertical. I would suspect that you might have adhesion problems doing that (at least I would on my printer) so you might need to add some support.

Upvote 0
I have sanded all the pedals throroughly now and the results are good. I will try acetone with the throtle too and see what happens. I suppose I can use a brush and simply apply the acetone on the surface, right? I'm asking this becase all the tutorials for finishing with acetone that I have seen involve using a vapor chamber.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea