32" single monitor- flat or curved?

markg88

Premium
I intend to replace my 24" monitor with a 32" monitor. Would a curved screen be better for sim racing than a flat screen, and if so, what radius of curvature is recommened please?
Thanks

Closer you are, the more it may be beneficial? Haven't tried curved yet but I have a 32" that is flat and 25" from my eyes... It's all I know, but it's fine. I'm entertaining possibly a 21:9 40" next and worry flat that close could be an issue.

From what I've gathered it comes down to personal tastes, but am looking forward to this thread.

Closer you are, the more it may be beneficial? Haven't tried curved yet but I have a 32" that is flat and 25" from my eyes... It's all I know, but it's fine. I'm entertaining possibly a 21:9 40" next and worry flat that close could be an issue.

From what I've gathered it comes down to personal tastes, but am looking forward to this thread.
Thankyou.
I ended up buying a flat screen 32". I haven't the room for 3 monitors and the 32" is the max I can have at my desk (I use a playseat challenge seat).
I decided against a curved screen after research. I just hope I will find the 32" monitor provides a worthwhile FOV improvement over the 27"

What put you off it?
(I don't currently have room for anything much myself but one day I hope to have a little more space and a curved monitor would certainly be a possibility then...)
Well, I understand that curved screens use VA screens and I'm not convinced that they are the best type (I may be completely wrong of course). Also, I gather that for a 1000r screen, say, it is best that one is 1000mm from the screen, but 1000r may be a bit of a too 'tight' curve. This may be ok for using it 'only' for Sim racing but maybe not ideal for other uses. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a 'suck it and see' so I went for the safer option of a larger flat screen.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.