1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

32 inch tv or 31.5 monitor

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by SOLO59, Jan 28, 2016.

1. SOLO59

SOLO59
    Premium Member

Hi guys,
    I currently own a 32 inch 60hz LG 1080p tv that I use for sim racing/gaming, cable and online streaming.
    I am thinking of getting a Samsung 31.5 inch 60hz 1080p curved monitor
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=48643fc23f50d6abfe2ca32c829cb24een02

Will I notice a difference using this type of monitor over the tv? I'm currently happy with the LG tv. It does a good job. But if the monitor is better then I'll invest in the monitor.

2. Not worth it, monitors are overpriced and overrated imo. If you're happy with the tv, stick with it. The only reasonable upgrade would be a 50 inch tv, with a good panel.

3. SOLO59

SOLO59
    Premium Member

Overpriced??? Maybey. But overrated??? I don't think so. Monitors have been preferred over tv's for pc gaming. I won't be able to afford a BenQ 35 inch curved monitor at 144hz. But I can afford the Samsung 31.5 inch monitor at 60hz. Its almost half the price for the 35 inch benQ.

I just want to know if I will see a good difference of 60hz tv and 60hz monitor. I cannot find an exact answer on google. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for the above reply though.