24" Triples worth it?

...Or should I just spend the little extra and get 27s?

My issue comes about when I consider resolution. 1080p is ok in my opinion if the monitors are no bigger than 24". If I were to go with triple 27s, I would need to have 1440p. Obviously that will be a big bump up in price.

So has anyone had a triple 24" setup or is that just really, really, ridiculously small for simracing?

For reference... 8700k@5.0 and oc'd 2080ti. Would triple 27" 1440 run a consistent 144 frames?

Also, Ive considered going with one of those really big wide screens, g9 are they? However, I drift in Assetto more than anything so Im looking for more side view rather and a wider view, if that makes sense.

Thanks in advance as always.

My 3080 with 5600x runs AC on 1080p triples between 130 to 150 FPS with eye candy. This surely could be optimized, but I don' t think 1440p at 144hz would fly. Other might chime in how they achieved that.

I also don't think 22" would be enough to "sit between the screens" especially for drifting.

Thats triples 24" and 350mm steering wheel.
In my case it was more than enough, then I switched to triples 32" and only gains was upper vision because the wheelbase is down, and didnt worked for me, then I jumped to 32:9 screen because the easy of use in other non racing games.

Last edited:
I have 27inch 1080p triples and it's perfectly fine for me - looks good and I have loads of juice left over to make it look great as I can run all graphic effects candy higher with much more fps and higher refresh rates. With 1080p triples being nearly 6 million pixels but 1440p being just over 11 million pixels you will have to lower settings and your fps expectations with 2080ti I suspect. For a rough not up to date example I get around 200fps with Assetto at 75hz using rtx 3070/1080p/triples, AMS2 about 170 fps in clear weather and GTR2 about 350-400fps - none of these figures include rain or night driving which would reduce fps lots. All figures based on around 10 cars and medium settings - I prefer my trlples than my vr headset and they're much more immersive than a 50inch super ultrawide which roughly is the width of two 27 inch screens.

Last edited:
I can understand the PPI reasoning, 1080p at 27" lets you see far into the apexes its completely enough for racing.

But armco and wire fences still can flicker.

Both you'll probably not notice when driving, but it may disturb you when in the Box.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.