rF2 207 Super 2000 @ Okayama - Monday 10th October 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Another great evening with 207'. I was quite confident about this one, cause I like this track and was also competitive in Skodas here last year. In praccy i was doing great and was on top of the list till the oficial praccy with PB 33'flat. After Rob and Gary showed up with their strong performance I was in the top 3.

Q: I couldn't catch my rythm and was doing poor laps 33:5xx. on the last lap I was -0,3 to my best qualy time after sector 1, but I made mistake and went wide in sector 2 and after S2 I was -0,5xx sec, but that was cutting so I pulled off. 4th in qualy with Rob Gary and Adam ahead of me it was still great!

R1: Good start I was very close to Adam, and in T3 on breaking i was a bit surprised, that Gary abd Adam was very slow in that corner and haveto break very hard to avoid Adam, Eike did the same behind me, but with less luck and we had small contact, luckly we both drive further with no lost position. I was folowing Gary and Adam and in the harpin Adam tried to overtake Gary and contact Gary spuned I was trying to avoid him on the inside, but we had small contact...I couldn't do more to avoid You Gary, but once again no consequences to both of us. I overtook Adam, who was waiting for Gary (great fairplay behaviour!!!) and was second now. I was trying to make a comfortable gap behind me cause Rob was out of my reach. in the begining i was successfull in it but somwhere in the middle of the race I killed tires and has problems in some places, and was starting to make some small mistakes. Result of this was Gary on my rear bumper, who was faster on this stage of the race. I was defending my position during about 2 laps, but finaly he overtook me clean and nicely in T1, on the same lap i had problem in T3 and Eike showed up just on my rear bumper and it was a hell of fun to race with him and Adam who was just behind us. i was strugling more and more and defending was harder and harder, but guys switch positions few times behind me, so i had moments to breath peacefully. I finished 3rd, jus in front of Adam. Great race with lots of battles, realy tough ones, but very fair and it is my first podium finish on RD!!!! I was few times 4th in Clios and Skodas club race, even had PP, but nevr finished on podium, so I'm very happy.:party:

R2: Started 7th. I overslept green lights. so at T1 was almost the last one. I glued myself to Fracesco bumper and was all over him till the last turn on lap one where someone spuned (Tony??? white car). I was trying to avoid on the inside but his car went more to right and I hit his right front corner. I couldn't go outside, cause there was Fracesco and Rob and I went realy deep into right (I had the curb already between my wheels). After that Francesco and Rob showed up just in front of me, so I glued to Rob's bumper we both was trying to overtake Francesco in T3 going almost 3-wide in it, Rob did it and I was side by side with Francesco on the longest straight and I overtook him in the harpin. After that I was 4th just behind Rob. What happened to the cars in front??? This time I tried to stick to Rob and I did for a while. Rob IMHO is the fastest guy in this mod and me keeping up with him was my drive on the limit....and I catch the grass with one wheel on the exit of the corner and i spun (full Altonen), luckly I was able to come back very qickly with only one position lost to Francesco. next laps I was trying to pull away from Vitoldas and minmize the gap to Francesco. After Rob's spin I overtook him and was catching Francesco again, but on the next lap Eike showed up in front driving slowly on a side (waiting for Rob, cause his spin??? If yes it was another very fair play attitude). Because of that I was 3rd again closing the gap to Francesco very quickly. But I had Rob behind who was fast and determind. I made mistake in harpin and Rob capitalize on it, I was trying to get position back, but here came out lack of grip again...another mistake and almost lost position to Eike. rest of the race I was deffending from Eike, who was all over me for next few laps(revenge from CES???:wink:) and in the same time was closing up to Rob and Francesco in the front. Eike made mistake and I lost him in my rear mirrors, so I could drive my lines, so I closed the gap to guys in front more and more (mostly cause they battled) and finished 4th. With this pace I needed 1 more lap to took part in the battle for podium. But there are always some "if"...lol. Finished 4th.

All in all it was great evening with lots of fight and I was fast enough to think of battleing for podium and my first podium finish on RD. Really great!
THX to Adam, RD, annd all who was racing yesterday. Cya in the next races.

Agreed this series just gets better, also think the tracks picked has helped alot.

Race 1....got caught up in the Seth Vs Tony accident and punted the wall head on..looked at the replay and both were going for the same bit of tarmac, racing incident imho

Race 2 Was a blast!! So many battles it was hard to keep count...one i remember was with a Blue (Prost?) car, very close battle. Like an idiot i dropped the gearing ratio at the last minute so was quick through the twisty bits but topped out down the straights...think Tony saw that evidence a few times :)

Another great evening, keep um coming. Thanks to Adam & RD

Great evening of racing.

Quali: Went out on my Race setup by accident and set a pb, switched to the quali one for the final lap and just bettered my time. P3 for me.

Race 1: Made a good start and settled in behind Rob and Gary. Gary travelled to a different timezone in turn 3 because he went so wide which allowed me to take the inside line. He just about kept ahead so I tucked in behind, built up the speed and then attempted a move down the inside into the hairpin. I knew pretty early that I braked a tiny bit too late to hold the inside and was preying not to hit Gary. Unfortunately I did and when he span behind I pulled off to wait. Dropped right down to 7th or 8th but I was able to battle my way back up to 4th. I sat behind Eike for lap after lap, looking for an opportunity. At one point he went to the inside after turn 5, which gave me room to attempt to go around the outside of him in turn 6. I got my nose in front on the exit but he kept the place into turn 7. Eventually I got past but Tomasz had escaped a bit so I spent the final two laps trying to catch him but he just made it to the line in time. (Congrats on your first podium :)) Finished P4.

Race 2: Started 6th with the reverse grid and made a very good start. I was running 4th just behind the front 3 when they all seemed to go off at turn 5, allowing me a free run to take the lead. I held on for a couple of laps but Rob and Eike were on my tail. I made a mistake out of the last corner which slid me into the middle of the track but I was still facing the right way luckily. I lost a lot of momentum from this so Rob was able to pass into turn 1. I stayed behind and got a great run through turn 3 to pull alongside along the main straight before out-braking him into the hairpin. Rob and Eike pushed me for a few laps before they had issues, leaving me with a 4 second gap to Francesco. I held the gap at around that margin until the end when he was battling to hold onto second.

This track always provides great racing mainly because it is wide and you can overtake at 80% of the corners without relying upon a mistake from the other driver, and this was proved during the event. :)

Thanks guys for racing.

Races were great last night and has a lot of fun and I have again learned a lot about the other fellow in this sprint race.
The first Qualy I've left out, because I like to see the riders from behind and can then better tactics and many a driver has even sorted out in the first two rounds even. Unfortunately I could not do much, as I've touched a driver at turn three - but have distinct light signals and horn notes and went off the gas, so he can go back to before, I think it was Seth Enslow. It is often difficult, if someone takes the whole width of a road, driving past if one is even accompanied by two opponents, but I still apologize for it. I think I drove to number 7 or 8 to the finish.

In the second race I had to restart the advantage of space and had three beautiful duels with Tomasz and other drivers at the end of the race and had almost caught up with me Rob. Had the race gone yet another round, I would not be able to keep my 2nd place against Rob. Which is quite impressive times put down here by some drivers, "respectful"

Thanks to all colleagues for the RD and exciting evening.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waren tolle Rennen gestern Abend und hat viel Spass gemacht und ich habe wieder viel über die anderen Kollegen gelernt bei diesem Sprintrennen.
Das erste Qualy habe ich ausgelassen, denn ich sehe mir gerne das Fahrerfeld von hinten an und kann dann besser Taktieren und so mancher Fahrer hat sich ja in den ersten beiden Runden selbst aussortiert. Leider konnte ich nicht viel tun, als ich einen Fahrer berührt habe in Kurve 3 - habe aber deutliche Lichtzeichen und Hupe bemerkt und bin vom Gas gegangen, damit er wieder nach vor fahren kann, ich denke, es war Seth Enslow. Es ist oftmals schwierig, wenn jemand die ganze Breite einer Strasse braucht, vorbei zu fahren wenn man selbst begleitet wird von zwei Gegnern, aber ich entschuldige mich trotzdem dafür. Ich glaube, ich bin dann auf Platz 7 oder 8 ins Ziel gefahren.

Im zweiten Rennen hatte ich den Vorteil von Platz 3 zu starten und hatte schöne Zweikämpfe mit Tomasz und anderen Fahrern und am Ende des Rennens hatte Rob mich fast eingeholt. Wäre das Rennen noch eine weitere Runde gegangen, so hätte ich meinen 2.Platz gegen Rob nicht halten können. Ist schon beeindruckend welche Zeiten hier von manchen Fahrern hingelegt werden "respekt"

Danke an RD und alle Kollegen für den spannenden Abend.

It was another perfect track for these cars and race one was huge fun,no worries about the rub Adz,i learned in practice my car was slow for about 2 laps from cold then came in good so i was resigned to losing the place at hairpin there,i was surprised to spin around tbh,the old WTCC trick of nailing the throttle didnt work.
I missed the start of race two by about a lap and half or more.....
Grats Rob and Adz

Thanks Adam & RD

Great racing every one, congrats to the podium'ers!!! Had fun racing these untill I messed up and ended up way back, better luck next time.
I want to ask you what do you use for these realfeel, leo or both perhaps?

Great racing every one, congrats to the podium'ers!!! Had fun racing these untill I messed up and ended up way back, better luck next time.
I want to ask you what do you use for these realfeel, leo or both perhaps?

For example I don't use any plugins, only setup ffb effects in the menu of my Logitech Driving Force GT, that suits me. Maybe I should try one some day??? Will see.

Cheers m8.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Forum trophies