rF2 207 Super 2000 @ Grand Valley East - Monday November 7th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks for all the set up help guys much appreciated
Race finshed 9th and 7th Not too quick but i'd say consistent(ly slow).
I loved this track after hating it for a bit, the two corners leading up to the tunnel...awesome.. despite that bugger of a crest.
Was sandwich in the second race up to the first corner but hey wasnt too bad :)
Bit lonely at the end of the second race though..
Overall great fun.
Thanks Adam and RD.

Not a bad night.

Qualy = Messed up my first two laps. Managed to complete a lap and got 10th, which was my target.

Race 1 = Gained a position at the start as Seth had a slow start and going into Turn 2 (Hairpin), the back end jiggled about. I managed to control it before turning in but then Seth just drove straight into me sending me into a half spin, Ole has nowhere to go and we both end up in the air. I carry on, now in last and gain a few positions from crashes before crashing myself at Turn 4. Was now at the back of the runners. I caught up Kyle after he made some mistakes, I tried to overtake into the right hander after the tunnel but I backed out of it, later on, I get a good run out of the final corner, I slipstream Kyle, then I go to his right but at Turn 1, he just goes forward and he ends up in the wall as I have to turn left to make the corner.

The rest of the race wasn't so good, at the final corner, I went wide, hit the wall gently but went pilling into the pitlane after hitting another wall on the right. Just managed to avoid the blue tyres. I had to trundle down the pitlane hoping I wouldn't get a drive through penalty for "spinning too quickly into the pitlane". Was hppy as I didn't but I had some suspension damage, after a couple of laps of sliding around and slight contact with walls, I came to pit 2 times in 2 laps, the 2nd of which, I decided to stay in the pitlane for 3 laps to be safe :p. Finished 10th.

Race 2 = I accidently pressed my paddle shifter too early, even though I stopped ASAP, I still received a drive-through penalty. I was in 9th place on the first lap but dropped back after my penalty. The rest of the race was like a practice session. Getting faster and faster through certain corners and I managed to get a 1:12:5 with race fuel/tyres. 0.7 faster than my qualy time. I was even catching up Dave but it was impossible to gain 30 seconds :p Got lapped. Then on the penultimate lap, Wayne spun on the "corner that shall not be named" and I just managed to avoid the car in the smoke. Finished 9th and I was really pleased with my race pace, consistancy and how much I had learnt in Race 2.

Really enjoy these cars and the track. Perfect track for the cars and one of the most enjoyable events I have participated in at RD. Thanks RD, Adam and The rest of the crew.

Race 1 was brilliant and got my first 207 Podium woohooo, had Franco all over me towards the end of the race but just managed to hold him back...great battle mate.

Race 2 made an awesome start and got up to 3rd from a start place of 5th...got a bit excited following my old mucker Wayne and clonked the wall....steering then went to 2 oclock and was undrivable, real shame as i was looking forward to the race.

race 1 outbraked myself turn 1 but still had a great race,well done stephen for podium

race 2 had a cracking race with eike but was to tight into the ist corner again and made a mistake,and dropped back

and done the same thing with adam later on in the race

great night thanks adam

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 530 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 329 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 351 45.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 175 22.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 206 26.6%
Back