2023 Closest season

2023 is the closest seaon i can on record. Usualy the graph fro drivers and constructors is a curve like a skateboard ramp but the section in red is almost a step. The teams bar Red Bull have had fluctuating performance based on tracks we went to. Making the Red Bull the only consistent team. Love him or hate him MAX put car on podeom every race with a worst finish of 3rd at 1st sprint in Azerbejan and a 2nd place in the Grandprix. The Midfeild battle went right into the last race. So anyone who says F1 is not competative look at this chart and notice how it is. Now the teams in the mid field have work to do to catch up with Red Bull. No one said it would be easy.
Screenshot from 2023-11-26 12-43-17.jpg

I think MB, Ferrari, and McLaren would say the famous quote, “second place is the first loser.” For myself, the gap to Max and RB takes a lot of the fun out of watching F1.

I think MB, Ferrari, and McLaren would say the famous quote, “second place is the first loser.” For myself, the gap to Max and RB takes a lot of the fun out of watching F1.
Well that is F1. I grew up when Mansell dominated but i was in England so the British fans where Ok. Then Schumacher domination and so he became the villain. The bottom line is if Lewis had more luck he could of beat Perez. The mid feild has been up and down all season. A true fan watches the battle in the middle becuse that is where it is tight. It is hard to say what is wrong with Mercedes you can say its the car but then Russell is close to Lewis. I think it is Lewis in a slump and loosing motivation. And having Russell do well when he fails must hurt.

Last edited:
Well that is F1. I grew up when Mansell dominated but i was in England so the British fans where Ok. Then Schumacher domination and so he became the villain. The bottom line is if Lewis had more luck he could have beat Perez. The mid feild has been up and down all season. A true fan watches the battle in the middle becuse that is where it is tight. It is hard to say what is wrong with Mercedes you can say its the car but then Russell is close to Lewis. I think it is Lewis in a slump and loosing motivation. And having Russell do well when he fails must hurt.
I guess I have not been a true fan for over 40 years

It's surprising that the battle for second is so close - and particularly as everyone except for Max was so inconsistent.

It's such a strange scenario I can't remember a season where so many team and driver performances varied so much.

"It's a close battle in the midfield" people say to me when I say I'm depressed about Fl
My counterpoints is that is seems a bit of random mishmash of who is competitive this week. It's just not engaging and almost like are the teams are not trying that hard - do they keep shifting focus the next race where they think their car will be more competitive...

For me the season entirely lacks any shred of emotional involvement and is the most blase and boring season I can remember ever watch. I can't remember ever have I got bored at some stage of every single race in the season.

It's surprising that the battle for second is so close - and particularly as everyone except for Max was so inconsistent.

It's such a strange scenario I can't remember a season where so many team and driver performances varied so much.

"It's a close battle in the midfield" people say to me when I say I'm depressed about Fl
My counterpoints is that is seems a bit of random mishmash of who is competitive this week. It's just not engaging and almost like are the teams are not trying that hard - do they keep shifting focus the next race where they think their car will be more competitive...

For me the season entirely lacks any shred of emotional involvement and is the most blase and boring season I can remember ever watch. I can't remember ever have I got bored at some stage of every single race in the season.
Well said. I think the lack of "emotional involvement" is a great way of describing the season. Other than the first few races, I looked forward to Vegas the most just because of all the drama surrounding the event itself.

2023 is the closest seaon i can on record. Usualy the graph fro drivers and constructors is a curve like a skateboard ramp but the section in red is almost a step. The teams bar Red Bull have had fluctuating performance based on tracks we went to. Making the Red Bull the only consistent team. Love him or hate him MAX put car on podeom every race with a worst finish of 3rd at 1st sprint in Azerbejan and a 2nd place in the Grandprix. The Midfeild battle went right into the last race. So anyone who says F1 is not competative look at this chart and notice how it is. Now the teams in the mid field have work to do to catch up with Red Bull. No one said it would be easy.
View attachment 710074
Hey Antony, i was wondering if you by any chance have a template of this excel document you could share? i have no idea how to do formulas or even how to make the document look nice but was hoping we could use it for a little league we have going on GT7 and some other games. Thanks

I literally T bone the races on TV incase i miss something. I sometimes have to watch a 2nd time. When i went to Montreal there where 2 old men on the bus moaning about Michale Shumacher and how rules should be made to slow him down. These People like you are all mouth and no action. You will watch F1 next year and the year after becuse something will bring you back. Or you will go watch INDYCAR a badly managed clone of F1.

Hey Antony, i was wondering if you by any chance have a template of this excel document you could share? i have no idea how to do formulas or even how to make the document look nice but was hoping we could use it for a little league we have going on GT7 and some other games. Thanks
This is not exel but on Linux open source softwhare named Libre Office but it dose the same as Microsoft Office. What you do is have the name of the driver or team on left and a number on the right. If you highlight them and click on the icon at top that looks like a pie chart or bar chart the data will magically make calculations based on data. The other chart that is not there is results. You put drivers on left colum and tracks at top and have results as a number from 1-20. The final clolum is the total. You highlight all the results from round 1 to last round in a horizontal bar (Not driver coloum) And click a sum or formula key or type "sum=A2-A25" You can go online and learn to do stuff like this on utube or if you have a bookstore that has magazines there are sometimes magazines or books on softwhare. There are even classes at comunity centers and libruarys that teach hot to use softwhare.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-12-06 08-40-57.jpg
    Screenshot from 2023-12-06 08-40-57.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 19
The chart abouve will make it simpler the formula is in the top corner under =SUM(B2:A2) Highlighted in Yellow is all the boxes caclulated. This chart is finishing positions so not points. But you will understand the formula. The next one down will be =SUM(C2:C2) and you just change the letter alphabetically. You can also do averages and percentages.

I literally T bone the races on TV incase i miss something. I sometimes have to watch a 2nd time. When i went to Montreal there where 2 old men on the bus moaning about Michale Shumacher and how rules should be made to slow him down. These People like you are all mouth and no action. You will watch F1 next year and the year after becuse something will bring you back. Or you will go watch INDYCAR a badly managed clone of F1.
T bone the races?

no action?

It's about 22 years since I first made the action to pay for tickets an see a race live - and how awesome it was... Every one of the last eight years I have bought tickets, last year tickets to 2 races because the week apart double fit into the schedule for us.

You are correct, next season there will be no action to purchase of tickets by me.

I will watch some of Fl no doubt from the comfort of my house, potentially highlight packages or I will be doing other things while watching as none of the races on TV or at the circuit kept my interest for the whole race duration.

T bone the races?

no action?

It's about 22 years since I first made the action to pay for tickets an see a race live - and how awesome it was... Every one of the last eight years I have bought tickets, last year tickets to 2 races because the week apart double fit into the schedule for us.

You are correct, next season there will be no action to purchase of tickets by me.

I will watch some of Fl no doubt from the comfort of my house, potentially highlight packages or I will be doing other things while watching as none of the races on TV or at the circuit kept my interest for the whole race duration.
If the statements you have made where true people would not buy tickets and the product would not sell. There is action but sadly not at the front but the mid pack. F1 has always been about domination and if you want a spec sries watch Indy Car. Where they drive poorly designed car's or ridiculus tracks that most would never make it to F1 level.

Well said. I think the lack of "emotional involvement" is a great way of describing the season. Other than the first few races, I looked forward to Vegas the most just because of all the drama surrounding the event itself.
Did not look forward to Vegas but it put on a better show that i expected. I thought we would have carnage and a stoped race like in the wild wacky world of Indycar. But it was good, whitch is rare for street circuits in America.

Did not look forward to Vegas but it put on a better show that i expected. I thought we would have carnage and a stoped race like in the wild wacky world of Indycar. But it was good, whitch is rare for street circuits in America.
It is so ironic that the best race of the Fl season was vega - which is an imitation of and indycar race that is an imitation of a formula 1 race. haha

You can't compare they are both entertaining to different people:
Fl = motorentertainment
Indycar = motorsport

A close midfield pack in previous seasons of F1 has been exciting, but currently the sport part is so broken for me that it is very upsetting. Really I am only complaining about it so much because I have been so much of a fan for so long that it really depresses me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back