2019 Holden V8 Supercar

Baseline race setup for the wonderful 2019 Aussie V8Supercar's Holden Commodore ZB

Attachments

• 2019HoldenV8Supercar.ini
    1.3 KB · Views: 388
Howdy,

Just wondering, was this for a 2.6 or a 3.0? (or was there literally no difference except for skins and a Mustang model?)

And what track, or tracks, did you use to come up with it? (because that's a very noticeable amount of extra rear ride height when applied to a 2.6)

Nice. That may explain why the LF tyre pressure is 1psi lower than the others, and some of your other preferences. I'm sure it's good at other fast, flowing tracks too.

However, when sampling it at Road America I found the rear height (and rear brake bias) too much for my relatively aggressive braking into the slowest corners (kept losing the rear the moment I turned in). I was about half a sec quicker there just using my Silverstone setup (main differences are 4 clicks lower in the rear, a bit more rear wing, and two clicks more front bias, plus a few more details in the front) simply because I could dive in a bit deeper.

Last edited:
If I hike up the rear end it's usually because for one of two reasons: 1. the inside rear wheel is busting loose under acceleration, so I increase the RH to give a little extra room before the susp hits the bump stops. 2. Increasing the RH lowers the 'moment' (balancing the broom in the palm of your hand, straw-side down=hi moment; straw-side up=lo moment) to make the car less twitchy. Downside: it's slower to react to fast-alternating lateral acc, i.e., chicanes, of which there none @ the Glen, but it would be murder @ Panorama.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.