2018 Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix

As is often the case in a wet qualifying it would come right down to the very dying moments of the session for the best times to be found, with Hamilton finding himself in the pound seats one the flag fell, securing the pole ahead of Bottas...

Spelling error, slang I don’t recognize or both?

It's fair to say the second best car on the grid took pole...
They say the Rain seperates the boys from the men... But people claim Lewis is a lucky driver.
Ferrari will no doubt win the race .. . ................... If its Dry.

Is it me? There always seems to be a lack of comments when Lewis takes pole or wins a race.

Hope Kimi wins the race tomorrow

LH again rules the wet track. Most are well aware by now of this skill.
VB & KR did tremendously well too - another excellent performance from both finland drivers.
This is exactly why KR will remain in the prancing horse 2019, and not leclerc.

RedBull again and again beting on the wrong horse!!! What is going on with this team???
Verstappen "the king of wet"(pants) is beaten by Sainz and Gaszli. He is actualy beaten by is own team slowest car.
On top of all, Redbull puts Daniel with softs when everyone else is on ultra softs and in Q2 let's him out too late resulting on his elemination.
Geez Daniel just get out of there...

Where should ricciardo go? Surely not mclaren or renault, who are 1-1,5 sec off red bull in race pace? He doesn't have many options, either he goes to mercedes or ferrari or he stays, the others won't catch up. Mercedes even confirmed both drivers now, and ferrari vettel and looks set on getting leclerc or keeping raikkonen.

Ah, also, important for this race: I was expecting red bulls to be favourites and that's not necessarily false since we didn't get a dry qualifying, and the order on the wet might be mercedes, ferrari, red bull currently, but it's over now for them; I voted for hamilton by now to win this race, but everything can happen with accidents or mechanical problems.

However, let's not forget since schumacher won hungary and title in 2004, NO ONE managed to win the title after winning hungary, that's a long streak, if you're vettel or hamilton you'd prefer getting 2nd this time around to not kill your title hopes!

Last edited:
However, let's not forget since schumacher won hungary and title in 2004, NO ONE managed to win the title after winning hungary, that's a long streak, if you're vettel or hamilton you'd prefer getting 2nd this time around to not kill your title hopes!

Streaks were meant to be broken...that said, If it rains then Lewis might have this one, and I'd like to see him extend his lead going into the summer break...but it's forecast to be a sunny day and Seb was fastest in nearly all dry practices and Q1 so I think Ferrari might have this one.

Another masterclass from Hamilton, I used to criticise him a lot for his attitude but now im just thinking so what, when you look at all the rubbish he has to listen to and all the doubters im not surprised he is a little cold. winners are a different breed, people forget what senna was like, petulant as anyone. Ham is making me such a proud brit because I honestly believe he is the greatest driver in a very long time.

This is my home race, so was watching live, and I'm happy that the weather mixed the pack a bit. Man, it was spectacular with the huge rainsprays.
IMG_20180728_223645_313.jpg

IMG_20180728_223645_312.jpg
IMG_20180728_223645_314.jpg

RedBull again and again beting on the wrong horse!!! What is going on with this team???
Verstappen "the king of wet"(pants) is beaten by Sainz and Gaszli. He is actualy beaten by is own team slowest car.
On top of all, Redbull puts Daniel with softs when everyone else is on ultra softs and in Q2 let's him out too late resulting on his elemination.
Geez Daniel just get out of there...

RedBull can only gamble on their own car, which sucks in the wet. Daniel just made it into Q2, yes strangely on soft. Not sure if that was his own call or the team's.
In Q2 he was not let out too late. He said in an interview that he broke off his fast lap due to Stroll's crash as Daniel was behind him. Next lap it was already too wet to get into the top 10.
The Renault engine sucks. RedBull will be just 5th and 6th for the rest of the races. Only luck will get them on the podium with race pace.

The Redbulls are in trouble because of Renault. Next year will be better, because I think Honda like all Japanese never give up, and the skills are on a higher level then the frence rubbish!! Today maybe, Redbulls can do something, in the dry there Pace is ok.:ninja::whistling:

In this forum i have read that some one said: "this is going to be a good weekend voor RB".
Ah well, tomorrow im going to pay a visit at a Renualt dealer and buy one. Seems to be great cars:whistling:

Mercedes strategists keep making silly mistakes. First not pitting on safety car in Austria, then trying to pit Hamilton on Germany when no pit was needed and finally trying to follow Kimi strategy who was in a two pit strategy which cost Bottas his second place. Really rookie mistakes.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 47 36.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 76 58.9%