2018 Formula One French Grand Prix

But can only win when he has the best car on the grid.
(to be fair that is the way it is with all the drivers...look at Alonso.)
In Canada the excuse was that Lewis's Merc wasn't on song, he can't win, come French GP Merc get engine upgrades and Lewis gets pole and wins....because car.

Would be ace if Motorsport was about the driver, but it isn't...
If anyone watches BTCC just look at the Subarus with more boost than the rest today...
Stop pulling my leg. During this race Hamilton was very strong period.

Criticism =/= Hate. Easy to stamp anything you disagree with as "hate" without even contributing to the discussion. Suspicous amount of dutch names too, oh well.
Take a read in the almost countless Verstappen bashing topics. Critisism pretty much equals hate here. And even when not intended, it will always turn out that way.

Verstappen seems to learnt his lesson and seems to drive smarter without giving up one bit of his agility. And sure he will make mistakes in the future. But even 4 time WDC's makes them.

And to the point, as I said. It was a tongue-in-cheek to the journo's. Not to Vettel, not to his mistake. It's the criticasters getting touchy with his outspoken sarcasm. Just like it seems to upset you. :)

And @Boby Kim, it's almost strange for me to agree with your posts... :roflmao: But I do agree with you!:thumbsup:

But can only win when he has the best car on the grid.
(to be fair that is the way it is with all the drivers...look at Alonso.)
In Canada the excuse was that Lewis's Merc wasn't on song, he can't win, come French GP Merc get engine upgrades and Lewis gets pole and wins....because car.

Would be ace if Motorsport was about the driver, but it isn't...
If anyone watches BTCC just look at the Subarus with more boost than the rest today...

This is not a personal attack against you, but the rather the suggestion you have made, which is rather popular on every public forum I've come across (and I do acknowledge your disclaimer using Alonso as reference)...but all the same, these arguments that keep surfacing whenever Hamilton wins is really getting old.

Every WDC in the history of F1 drove the best or 2nd best car in the field. Period.

When Fangio, Brabham, Clark, Stewart, Lauda, Prost, Senna, Mansell, Schumacher, Hakkinen, Raikonnen, Vettel, etc etc etc do it, it’s fine...they're hailed as phenomenal drivers, legends even...now here comes Hamilton, works and trains hard all his life, wins 4 WDC's...and all of a sudden it's only the car, or he has everything handed to him, or he's undeserving/entitled/whiny/spoiled, or he’s simply an a**h**e, he’s this and that, all manner of hatred directed at him. Guess what, lots of your favorite drivers are/were proper a**h***s too, it’s just that Lewis is living and thriving in the social media era...so for better or worse, you know more about your driver's personal lives than ever before. Get over it, nobody’s perfect. I personally ignore all F1 drivers until track time comes around; let the driving speak for itself.

Also, Motorsport isn’t only about the drivers, and it never has been as far as I can tell...it’s also about pushing the limits of what these machines can do; the competition between the various manufacturers...F1 and other Motorsports wouldn't have evolved as quickly over the decades if all cars remained stock and manufacturers weren't allowed to design cars with relative freedom.

As for Lewis’ driving ability...we're all sim racers here (and some race IRL): we know the car doesn’t steer itself through those corners, throttle control in a turbo with no TC is still very much relevant, and there's no ABS; add to that the punishing G-forces he and all the other drivers experience for 90+ mins (plus couple days of testing/qualifying beforehand), all while keeping the car fast and under control on most weekends. Sure, F1 cars today may have more grip and speed than previous years, but again,what else is new? His car is more advanced than Schumacher’s winning Ferraris, which was more advanced than Senna’s McLarens, which was more advanced than Lauda's Ferrari and on and on.

I’m not gonna call it what I think a large part of it is, but there’s seems to be so much more vitriol for Hamilton year after year that it’s hard to ignore the one obvious thing that’s different between him and every previous champion...but we should never mention the elephant in the room, right? Sigh...

I find the use of the word 'hate' disturbing.
How can any 'Sim Racing Hero' hate a person they have never met IRL?
Me, I admit to 'disliking' the persona projected by Hamilton, never been a Vettel fan either, admire Alonso for being a real old fashioned 'Racer' and have enormous regard for 'The Iceman', just because what you see is what you get!
Being former 'Military' I've seen and heard more 'Hate' than I care to remember, I also recall the vast amount of 'Respect' that my fellow grunts felt (and still do!) for the 'opposition', whoever they were.
End of rant.
:ninja:

Last edited:
I never said i hated anyone, simply that Lewis can't win when the Merc isn't the best car on the grid.
It is Motorsport in general.
Its funny how in sim racing you come across people calling certain cars in the sims the best cars so the people all chose them....
Even to the point of people getting angry at you for picking the best cars etc......

The Red Bull Ring will feature a third DRS zone for this weekend’s Austrian Grand Prix, the FIA has revealed.:confused:
f1-austrian-gp-2018-red-bull-ring-map-8583953.jpg

now we have near 50% of the track covered with DRS, yay

Max again faster then Ric. For those who have compared him with Maldonado.. or the crashstappen bullshit. Good race Max

"It’s not often you see Daniel Ricciardo easily overtaken by a rival, but the Red Bull driver was unable to put up a fight for third place in France after his RB14 suffered front-wing damage. That ultimately left his car “wounded”, and ensured the Australian missed out on a podium finish…. "
:p

"It’s not often you see Daniel Ricciardo easily overtaken by a rival, but the Red Bull driver was unable to put up a fight for third place in France after his RB14 suffered front-wing damage. That ultimately left his car “wounded”, and ensured the Australian missed out on a podium finish…. "
:p

Yepp and max had the same this year in Spain. And was there on the podium on a second place :p

;)

[QUOTE = "keto95, bericht: 2778480, lid: 308846"] Vanwege zijn eigen domheid, voor Ricciardo is het onbekend wat de oorzaak was.

Leer uw feiten kennen voordat u ze plaatst:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/results/2018/spanish-gp-192018/ [/ QUOTE]

I thought already .. Keto95 was silent for a moment but still the haters of Max.. or better your troll about Max :sleep::sleep:

What is the different second or third..? Max had more damage in Spain than Ric in Montreal. And Ric was not on the podium there. What I say again faster in qualifying and race... !!!
What do you have to say when you know everything so well. Take a glasses ;)

What is the different second or third..?
That you keep overrating your hero. Don't, it's 'zum kotzen'.
Max had more damage in Spain
Due to his own fault, he collided with Stroll.
What I say again faster in qualifying and race... !!!
Ricciardo was closing the gap real fast, but had to aboard his action due to a damaged front wing; otherwise he would have overtaken Verstappen.
Like I said: Get your facts right! Your blinders are clearly obstructing a clean vision.

Ricciardo was closing the gap real fast, but had to aboard his action due to a damaged front wing; otherwise he would have overtaken Verstappen.
Like I said: Get your facts right! Your blinders are clearly obstructing a clean vision.

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

It does not matter how Max drive people (especially you) always complain. ..

He is not.. In what kind of way? He is young and fast. Do you want more??
Do you realy think he got it all for free. He has been working hard to come here since his childhood. you have no idea how it goes

Yepp.. but Strol was not in the points, behind the savety car in Spain.. Max was on his way to keep his place Stroll fall in sleep or something by the green light.... every second
counts in racing... if you want the podium.
Max was perhaps too sharp but Stroll was not paying attention to the green light.
But what does it matter he take third place. Duh

:laugh: Yepp definitely not. maybe in your fantasy. But Max was whole weekend again Qiucker dan Ric

It does not matter how Max drive people (especially you) always complain. ..
It doesn't matter what a poor driver it is, (especially) you keep overrating that crashboy. Your obsession is pathetic, certainly for someone at your age.
You seem to have missed the boat to maturity. It's too late for you to grow up any further. Once a sad case, always a sad case.

It doesn't matter what a poor driver it is, (especially) you keep overrating that crashboy. Your obsession is pathetic, certainly for someone at your age.
You seem to have missed the boat to maturity. It's too late for you to grow up any further. Once a sad case, always a sad case.

I have no obsession. But apparently you are like Troll. Your obsession is that you can not stand it if Max is driving a good race

Hey keto95

Have you see Max today... ?? with all your stuppid arguments ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.