2016 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Haba and me will be joining in server 2 for round 1. After an absence since 1983 the Roaring Pipes Maniacs return on track and our shortlegged pitbabes to the paddock

1504158_699880683368623_818453028_o.jpg

Although i am looking forwward to AMS i dont think a switch this early on would be a good idea as 1. Not everyone will have the game and 2 it will take a bit of getting used to the physics.

My opinion is to keep S10 on GSC and run S11 on AMS.

EDIT:

I have changed my mind but if the game is considerably different to GSC then i would still say keep it to GSC but if it is not hard to get used to it then yes.

after careful thought i will say yes to running S10 on AMS.

Last edited:
Agree with John. While it does bring some well deserved updates and features, switching over at halftime would necessitate re-learning the car behaviour, new setups, adapted driving style. Let's keep SCE for the current series.

Although i am looking forwward to AMS i dont think a switch this early on would be a good idea as 1. Not everyone will have the game and 2 it will take a bit of getting used to the physics.

My opinion is to keep S10 on GSC and run S11 on AMS.
Agree with John. While it does bring some well deserved updates and features, switching over at halftime would necessitate re-learning the car behaviour, new setups, adapted driving style. Let's keep SCE for the current series.
Yep, I think sticking with GSCE is obviously the safest bet, we just wanted to check with the drivers before any decision was made, because we know that AMS will have many new features that improve the racing, however they may affect the behaviour of the SuperV8 and that will require more time to adapt etc. and after all, you're the ones driving the cars :)

I would like to get the opinions from as many of the drivers as we can :)

As a driver I'm totally up for the change to AMS. It will introduce some aspects to the race that are vital in real life and simply not yet implemented in SCE. Dynamic rubbered lines will add to the overtaking part and flatspots will turn braking into a challenge. As far as adapting to the car, as long as we have one week to test everything it should be fine. Everyone will start at the same step and it would be an equal learning experience for everyone.

Regarding game usability, I'm sure we as staff will test everything needed and see if AMS can provide league level stability and gameplay.

Not everyone will have the game
I think everybody will have the game. Unless there are RDTCC drivers that haven't activated their game on Steam before the 6th of January which would be a bummer and a missed free chance of receiving a whole new game for free. :)

For me a +2 for AMS. After playing it for the last couple of days, I don't even want to go back to SCE anymore. The introduction of flatspots will make the races way more balanced as those that drive very aggressively will need to find a way to manage their tires :)

But I am totally fine continuing with SCE as well.

I just read the private message. I will give my opinion. Ams I have not tried, and I can not access the beta. But the videos I've seen, is spectacular. I have it in steam, so automobilista when ready, will be added to the library.
If the tournament is by Stock car extreme, should be finished with it. I see no logical change simulator without ending the championship.

Yeah, most of us will have the game... And will everyone have time to practice with it? Will the release version be bug free? Does this series really need more shenanigans after all the mess it went through, just to switch over for one race that also happens to be the toughest of all?

I'm excited about AMS as well, but the beta so far has too many issues with FFB, graphics, game not even starting, dedicated server is not even working yet, and we're only a bit more than a month away from the planned release.

No product is flawless at initial release. Going for AMS just because it's new is just added risk and even more changes to a series that already got suspended and re-organized due to the many issues that popped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 12 10.4%