2016 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double Apex Racing present their challenger for the RDTCC Series 10.

Car number 55 will be driven by Andrew Harper :cool:

We are a small team but with semi-works support by Holden and a colourful and fun livery we hope to inject some smiles into the paddock. Testing has started already with the new car and so far things are looking good for 2016. We are hoping for some decent results and wish everyone luck in the coming season (just watch out for Chewy he growls a lot and tends to launch himself at other cars....)

(Hi, based on a car I never finished so had most of the components ready, just spent ages fine tuning the colours, arrangement of the characters and trying to get the stars right without the car looking like it had acne! I'm really pleased with the final product and I just hope I can do justice to the time and effort I've put into creating it, which means the dreaded pre-qualifying! :D The Super V8's are in my opinion one of the most difficult cars in GSCE so really just going to try my best and fingers crossed I may grab the odd good result :) Good luck everyone :thumbsup:)

......and if anyone wants to send me any nice setups, feel free! :p

Holden%20Front.jpg

Holden%20Rebel.jpg

Holden%20Empire.jpg

Holden%20Roof.jpg

Holden%20Rear.jpg

Holden%2001.jpg
Holden%2002.jpg

In case anyone else is having a dull Sunday I have just started a server testing Calder Park for the Pre-Quallys. Please feel free to come and join. Server is called "Drive the Train RDTCC S10".

I have a custom skin installed for the super V8 so no idea if this will prevent people joining. If it does please let me know via a PM or post below and I will restart the server without the skin. Will try to leave the server on as long as possible.

Jim

*edit*
I am on TeamSpeak if anyone has a problems or wants to come chat.

That said, with the pre-qualifying race being later this month, how far away is a Racedepartment server and a link to the Calder Park/trackpack (if there are plans for a trackpack)

for this series can you provide us with the live racers timing pages for the race and practice servers?? it will be usefulll...

When we send the designs by private message?
I have three dds files. Body, exterior and interior window. It's enough? @Davy Vandevenne

General questions:
where you can see the fastest laps of the championship RDTCC S10? With current participants, how many categories you have in mind?

I do not know if I express myself well, google translator.

Last edited:
When we send the designs by private message?
I have three dds files. Body, exterior and interior window. It's enough? @Davy Vandevenne

General questions:
where you can see the fastest laps of the championship RDTCC S10? With current participants, how many categories you have in mind?

I do not know if I express myself well, google translator.

You'll be able to start sending your liveries to Davy sometimes this week, you'll all receive a PM with the final details in the coming days.

There will not be a live timing system as we use a race format pre-qualification system and that we will not have a practice server since we will run the combo 3 times the week before the pre-qual in the racing club. The number of division will depends on the number of sign up we have and on how many drivers will pre-qualify for the championship.

Just got Yves "Newsletter" with the link to the custom RDTCC S10 Calder Park track. I have downloaded and installed it on my server "Drive the Train RDTCC S10" so if any one wants to come join me in a practice on the RDTCC version of the Calder Park track then please do.

The server should be on for a good few hours although I will not be able to drive for all that time.

Make sure you have read Yves Newsletter PM and have the correct RDTCC S10 version of Calder Park installed.

Jim

how do I convert the files?

Depends on what package you have, if you're using Photoshop you can install the NVidia dds plugin to save the files in a format GSCE likes https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

Useful for other games as well not just GSCE.

Gimp will save them as well in DDS format but it seems to be a bit hit and miss as to what works.

If you like you can upload the files to a Dropbox account and pm me the link, I can convert them for you.

Thnks, andrew! I'll try the plugin, id that doesnt work, i might ask for your help. ;)

No problem, just remember to read the text file that came with the template, it guides you on what type of DDS file to save for each file. Some have an Alpha layer (reflectiveness) and some don't. Important if you want to see through your windscreen file! :D

Um, is it just me and my graphics settings or does anyone else see funky horizontal-lined logo boards? :D

Attachments

• 2016-01-06_00005.jpg
    2016-01-06_00005.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 185
No Problem here.....
Although the new concreted in tyre bundles are a bit iffy, the right hander after the back straight causes instant death if you go near it, even if tyres are in legal boundaries.

No Problem here.....
Although the new concreted in tyre bundles are a bit iffy, the right hander after the back straight causes instant death if you go near it, even if tyres are in legal boundaries.
Since the V8s are right-seated, you can obviously get "very close" to the tires on the right-hand side since the door is just next to you. As for left-side, better keep out enough far. I haven't had any issues with that turn. :unsure: But it's not like you should get as close to the tires as possible that turn, since the kerb is so high and the turn is one of the tightest. Just take a little bit of the kerb and you'd do fine.

I know I might sound a little nosy, but perhaps you didn't perceive that little detail too well :rolleyes: However, yes, you just gotta keep away from the tires, they hit hard as opposed to the untouched version with merely lifting the car but not causing any damage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 410 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 259 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 280 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 123 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.5%
Back