1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

2014 Toro Rosso STR9

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Tomek, Jan 25, 2014.

2. Sounds good on the way to you but as it passes and decelerates it sounds so ugly

3. I like that decelerating "growl" :D
    it sounds mean.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Howard

Howard
    Staff Emeritus | F1 Engineer Premium Member

Oh my god, that whistle is awesome.

5. Still better then the vacuum cleaners of Mercedes and Renault.:p

6. STR is using Renault ;)

7. Nice one:sleep:

Kinda funny to see how sound can be different from a engine on the bench or when it's mounted in a car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I build and work with turbocharged cars everyday, so I love it.
    It'll never have the all-out high frequency of a V10 or V12, but that compressor spooling inside the torus is always a good sound.

9. Nice sound, now we will have to see what it will look like. ps. To mods sorry about me making another thread, I didn't know that there was already one going.:(

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  10. [​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

12. I really don't think it's that bad.

it's only the Williams (may change opinion when actual car is shown) and Ferrari which I dislike so far.

13. [​IMG]

14. OH MY GOD! Sorry, but the McLaren is still the nicest car of them all. What an ugly nose...even worse than the Ferrari one. :D

15. Those sidepods are really small. Renault demands much less colling than Mercedes by the looks of it.

16. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet
    Premium Member

From a distance at a quick glance it looks really good, they have done a good job camoflaging the penis lol but damn its big...

17. Ok I can see why Jean Eric called this a male car!!!

18. The top one is bigger than usual, so it compensate I would guess.

19. Some more photo's [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Look at this!
    [​IMG]