2014 downforce levels

Nice picture from Scarbs showing the nose height for 2014,

2014_sideelev.jpg
Looks somhow like the Brawn from 09

Im looking forward to them removing free use of DRS everywhere in practice and qualy. That more than anything I think gave RedBull their qualifying dominance for most of the season. The Newey Double DRS was worth up to half a second a lap. Here's hoping the grid's are a little more diverse next year.

^Yeah, that's one of the reasons I was really glad to see DRS get restrictions. It will place less emphasis on DRS and will hopefully create more variety in the field.

In a perfect world: no more regulations, no more test bans, v12's and sound!

I find it so hypocrite that motorsport wants to pretend to be green. Cars racing with tiny v6 engines to reduce carbon emissions but yet the teams and their following fly 10.000.000 km a year with airplanes that consume more fuel on one single flight than the entire F1 circus in a year :)

a million times this. the cars themselves use about 37 gallons of fuel per race. so let's say they use 100 gallons a weekend.

a 747 uses a gallon a second to take them to abu dhabi and bahrain where Herr Bernie wants to expand his multi-billion dollar empire.

logic = 0

What is the difference between the upcoming Turbos and the current engines? And do they sound completely different?

I guess the cars will look better but I'm little bit worried about the sound. I don't want a lawnmower sound for a F! car :(

Just about everything is different, you can read about the engine in the article i posted.

As far as sound goes, it will be like night and day.
Hard to explain with text how different they will sound but i´m sure we will get some sound clips in the near future.

I don´t think it will be lawn mower sound, the cars will still produce 650 horsepower from the engine alone. And about 12-15,000rpm so you will hear them coming but it won´t be the old screamer sound we hear today.

Well atleast the drivers won't have to workout anymore for those 2014 cars. They need to just be light enough and fit in the car. Cornering speed will be so slow with that downforce :D But atleast braking should be as stressful for neck as always.

Im not sold on the 2014 regulations yet. We're still quite some time away and im sure we'll get some more information as we get closer, but for now im slightly worried.

Who knows, maybe I'll be sold when 2014 comes around.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%