1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Driver Changes - Early Predictions?

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Chris Jenkins, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

With plenty of drivers out of contract at the end of this season and with a few on the sidelines hoping to get back in, I thought we'd start the speculation nice and early as to who's going to end up where in 2013.

According to Wikipedia (always highly reliable ;)) there's only 7 drivers that have contracts for 2013 so far.

De La Rosa

So that leaves the following drivers that could be shuffled around in 2013.

Di Resta

Plus a few drivers that would like to return to F1

Let the speculation begin!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. If webber Walks out from RBR then If Romain Grosjean Takes his place it could be the Quickest team and we can see SEB completely Out qualified in such a car
  3. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins

Its an interesting concept, but Grosjean is firmly under Boullier's wing at Renault/Lotus
  4. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

The only on on this list I think that is capable of a return is Alguesuari and Sutil, but whether Sutil will be allowed to is the question.

Also you have some up an coming guys like Valsecchi, Wickens, Bottas etc.
  5. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins

True, I didn't add reserve drivers (other than Buemi) as the speculations are endless there.
    Speaking of Buemi, he's been quoted as saying he has a contract for 2013 (didn't mention where though)
  6. Di Resta to McLaren to join Button...Hamilton to Mercedes to join Rosberg...Webber to Ferrari joining Alonso.....Massa gone bye bye.....
  7. I might be blind today but where is Perez and Kobayashi?
  8. Kobayashi Could be at Sauber and Perez can be Ferrari #3 driver
    But i really want to see Grosjean in RBR imagine if Grosjean has RB7 kind of car in his Hand and Then SEB will be Out Qualified and Some what out raced.
  9. No no, I ment that I can't find them in any of the lists which I found very odd as if they aren't expected to continue in F1 after this year.
  10. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins

My fault, I missed them out. They've been added now.
  11. oops it's my mistake but they could be at the Places as i said
  12. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

I guess Valsecchi might me able to land a Caterham/Marussia/HRT deal with some money, Wickens' career are somewhat killed atm, he needs a "Di Resta" way out, and not end up like Paffet. And speaking of Paffet, I still believe that he might be able to drive for Marussia if they keep on with the McLaren co-op, and gets Merc. Engines.
    Bottas on the other hand, is 99% secure for Williams in 2013, and with Maldonados money, even a WDC for Senna will not help him. So Senna have to try to secure a seat. Which will be impossible I think. He don't have the connections needed.
  13. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins

I can't say too much, but Marussia won't be using Mercedes next year...