2013 Driver Changes - Early Predictions?

Chris Jenkins

Driving til the wheels fall off
With plenty of drivers out of contract at the end of this season and with a few on the sidelines hoping to get back in, I thought we'd start the speculation nice and early as to who's going to end up where in 2013.

According to Wikipedia (always highly reliable ;)) there's only 7 drivers that have contracts for 2013 so far.

Vettel
Button
Alonso
Rosberg
Raikkonen
Glock
De La Rosa

So that leaves the following drivers that could be shuffled around in 2013.

Webber
Hamilton
Massa
Schumacher
Grosjean
Di Resta
Hulkenburg
Kobayashi
Perez
Ricciardo
Vergne
Senna
Maldonaldo
Kovaleinen
Petrov
Pic
Kathakayan

Plus a few drivers that would like to return to F1

Alguesuari
Buemi
Sutil
Liuzzi
Barrachello
Trulli

Let the speculation begin!

Plus a few drivers that would like to return to F1

Alguesuari
Buemi
Sutil
Liuzzi
Barrachello
Trulli

The only on on this list I think that is capable of a return is Alguesuari and Sutil, but whether Sutil will be allowed to is the question.

Also you have some up an coming guys like Valsecchi, Wickens, Bottas etc.

True, I didn't add reserve drivers (other than Buemi) as the speculations are endless there.
Speaking of Buemi, he's been quoted as saying he has a contract for 2013 (didn't mention where though)

I might be blind today but where is Perez and Kobayashi?
Kobayashi Could be at Sauber and Perez can be Ferrari #3 driver
Its an interesting concept, but Grosjean is firmly under Boullier's wing at Renault/Lotus
But i really want to see Grosjean in RBR imagine if Grosjean has RB7 kind of car in his Hand and Then SEB will be Out Qualified and Some what out raced.

Also you have some up an coming guys like Valsecchi, Wickens, Bottas etc.

I guess Valsecchi might me able to land a Caterham/Marussia/HRT deal with some money, Wickens' career are somewhat killed atm, he needs a "Di Resta" way out, and not end up like Paffet. And speaking of Paffet, I still believe that he might be able to drive for Marussia if they keep on with the McLaren co-op, and gets Merc. Engines.
Bottas on the other hand, is 99% secure for Williams in 2013, and with Maldonados money, even a WDC for Senna will not help him. So Senna have to try to secure a seat. Which will be impossible I think. He don't have the connections needed.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%