1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Marussia MR01

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Johan Top, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Good for them, hopefully it works. Hopefully no matter what they do they will have a faster car than a Flintstones car.
  2. Hmm, the image I posted is of the 2011 car.. We'll see the new car soon I suppose.
  3. I thought for a sec that they were going with the same car once again. :p
  4. Looking forward for a much better colour livery this time around
  5. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Marussia is the team I have no feelings with. Caterham is cool because they perform really good compared to the other "newcomers" and HRT has my support because they are the new Minardi of this era. In between there is this Marussia team that I never see :)

Therefor I don't mind if they have an ugly or a good looking car, they won't be on TV anyway :)
  6. That's true have not really seen the 2011 Virgin being focus on last year except for getting lap of malfunction
  7. And D'Ambrosio's awesome pitstop in Hungary :D
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Just seeing that is painful
  9. That can easily happen, especially to a new driver. In the pits, the track can become very slippery if it rains, because car's aren't constantly driving over it to dry it off. That's why most teams make their cars lay down some rubber there in free practice. And that painted 'Allianz' strip is probably particularly bad. Good advertisement though :p
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

I like Marussia more than HRT.
    Mainly because my friend's girlfriend is Pat Symmonds' PA :D
    • Like Like x 1
  11. They are doing 60mph/100km/h in the pits so it´s pretty fast :)
  12. Is Marussia still powered by Virgin aka Richard Branson? Guess it is, and he might insist on the black-red livery...
  13. Really really like the look of that car. Too bad it's going to be dead slow tho
  14. Jim

@ Simberia @Simberia

link removed and put on transport to simberia!
  15. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Still the nicest livery on the grid for the second year running.
  16. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Well, we don't know that, do we? :)
  17. Marussia will miss the final test because they have failed to pass 1 of the mandatory crash tests.
  18. They couldn't reach the speed needed to do the test crash.
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Oh the irony... Never fast enough, eh?