2011 Formula One Indian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with this. I find it very similar to Maldonado vs Hamilton at Monaco, and I still feel the same as I did then. If Hamilton hadn't backed off, I think it would be different, but you either have to go all out, or fold. Not just stick in there. When a driver is on the racing line, he is allowed, to virtually press the other driver out of the road, because he is on the racing line. And the way the track is at that turn, and the way Hamilton backed off, I find it interesting that the "racing line" doesn't apply in that situation. So it looks more like it is "inside have the right".
I don't agree with the stewards decision, because this is against any understanding I've ever had of the rules, so, I actually don't understand a thing!

Everyone that claims Massa caused the crash on pourpose, should watch the F1 Point of View thread and then decide how easy it is to see someone in the blindspot that can't decide to stick his nose in or not and does both at the same time.

1) Not a good place to overtake.
2) Hamilton wasn't level when going into the turn, his front wing was near Massa's sidepod/rear wheel as he backed off.
3) Hamilton needed to back off more.
4) Massa shouldn't of been so agressive.
5) Massa should of given a bit more room.
6) The overtake would never of worked unless Massa went off the track or slower down considerably.
7) Hamilton was impatient.
8) Massa had the racing line.

65% Hamilton's fault.
20% Massa's fault.
15% Racing Incident.

Just finished watching the race. With the exception of all the dust, I like the track. I am sure it must be fun to drive. Of course stay away from the outside of the curbs, at least if you are driving a Ferrari.

Vettel wins again (LOL) and a good drive also by Button and Alonso.

Hmmm ... I wonder if Massa will be sending Hamilton a Christmas card this year? What is it with those two?

It was really a good race. Nice to see the Ferrari on the podium at my home country :D Vettel was untouchable as always, Congratulations to him :) I really dont want to comment on Massa-Hamilton's incident, but I think they both needed to respect each other. Massa had to leave a little more room for the McLaren. Or, Lewis knew he had a faster car, he should have waited another 25 secs till he approached the DRS zones.

I don't know where else Hamilton had to go?
Massa was going around the outside. He has to stay on the outside (which would've given him a better run into the next corner anyway!) or not try and go around the outside in the first place.

It seems to me that Hamilton has made an effort to make amends before the race and Massa has publicly shunned him. Actually it doesnt just seem that way to me, thats what actually happened. All of Lewis's interviews are so hard to watch now, and all of Massa's are just complaining and trying to get Lewis in trouble.

As for the incident. I think the fact Johnny Herbert was the ex-drivers steward helped a bit.

The only good thing I can take out if this petty squabbling is that the guy trying to keep his head down and get on with it (Hamilton) will have many more chances in seasons to come, and the guy moaning and trying to start trouble all the time has one more season and then is effectively finished. Hopefully then this will all end.

The more times I look at it, the more convinced I am that it was Massa's fault.
That crash occured the way it did with Hamilton backing off as Massa shut the door.
Had Hamilton not backed off at all, both cars would've been out of the race, I'm sure.

Therefore, how can Massa not understand why he got a penalty?
And how can he say at first "I didn't see him there", but two minutes later add "I saw him in my mirrors".

Massa s*** stirring in my opinion.

The more times I look at it, the more convinced I am that it was Massa's fault.
That crash occured the way it did with Hamilton backing off as Massa shut the door.
Had Hamilton not backed off at all, both cars would've been out of the race, I'm sure.

Therefore, how can Massa not understand why he got a penalty?
And how can he say at first "I didn't see him there", but two minutes later add "I saw him in my mirrors".

Massa s*** stirring in my opinion.

Massa's been trying to stir it up for weeks. He's getting boring now.

since F1 started was always fault of the driver who was behind. and hamilton was behind:)
and hamilton usually behave in a very bad way to the other drivers.

100% hamilton foult but he is english ( F1..leadership...) herbert is english..... we have seen many accident involving other pilots that was sanctioned instead, when happened to hamilton, he went out clean.

since F1 started was always fault of the driver who was behind. and hamilton was behind:)
and hamilton usually behave in a very bad way to the other drivers.

100% hamilton foult but he is english ( F1..leadership...) herbert is english..... we have seen many accident involving other pilots that was sanctioned instead, when happened to hamilton, he went out clean.

Nigel Mansell is English and I would say he's been the hardest out of any of this year's stewards when it comes to Hamilton.
So that argument doesn't fly.

And how can the driver behind always be to blame?
If that's the case, why was Kobayashi not penalised in Spa?

You can't generalise.

Hamilton was next to Massa not behind him. He had the inside line, Massa should have left enough room for him, which he didn't. It was definitely Massa's fault. And I'm not english and not a Hamilton fan. You can search back and see I said the Singapore accident was Hamilton's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 49 26.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 35 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 20 10.9%