1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 Formula One Turkish Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1 Race Comments' started by Wido Rossen, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Turkish GP is to be driven on 7 June.

Track facts.

Number of Laps: 58
    Circuit Length: 5.338 km
    Race Distance: 309.396 km
    Lap Record: 1:24.770 - JP Montoya (2005)
  2. Can't forget that long, painful, quadruple-apex left hander :D
  3. ahh... turn 8 :D
  4. I'm not sure, but I think Ferrari are gonna come alive this race
  5. Lol the PSB guys pwned the thread :p first 3 posts all by the guys from PSB.

Hmm... I think so aswell, lmracing. I'm sure they'll wake up from their sleep in the Turkish GP :)
  6. 4th win for Massa here?:) I hope so!
  7. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

I hope a resurrection will come from BMW. If not .. Then.. *cries*..

I think this will be really hard to win this year for Massa. But i hope so too. He deserves a record here :)
  8. Massa is a rocket in Istanbul :), hard times are comming up for Brawn GP :rotfl:
  9. This race will totally suit Massa - he loves an understeering car and that's practically the only way to drive turn 8. Ferrari are back on form, so it's just going to be a question of how much Brawn can get out of their car again - the track should also suit Button's driving style.
  10. ah, Vettel on pole which is the outside of the track, which means Button will be leading out of turn 1 :D
  11. So what happened to the Ferrari's?

Button for the win, again :)
  12. I think they are fuelled for 2-3 more laps than the top guys. But I don't think this will give them a huge advantage.
  13. How many of you guys saw the BBC coverage, particularly the interview with Nelson Piquet. Is that a guy under pressure or what. He seemed totally dejected, a broken man almost. I almost felt sorry for him, especially in the comments after with Eddie Jordan and David Coulthard when they said he had a "very pushy mother" :rotfl: Poor Guy.
  14. i think he needs to go back to GP2 for a season or two cos he's not very good in an F1 car at all.
  15. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Totally agree Steven, loadsa pressure on him. Especially with Aolonso as your teammate!

I honestly thouight Webber had pole there but ended up 4th which is annoying :( Good that Button isnt pole though, I was getting bored of his "GETTTTT INNN THERE!!" after every qually.
  16. Weights
    Sebastian Vettel - 649.5 kg
    Jenson Button - 655.5 kg
    Rubens Barrichello - 652.5 kg
    Mark Webber - 656 kg
    Jarno Trulli - 652 kg
    Kimi Räikkönen - 658 kg
    Felipe Massa - 654 kg
    Fernando Alonso - 644.5 kg
    Nico Rosberg - 660 kg
    Robert Kubica - 664 kg
    Nick Heidfeld - 681.5 kg
    Kazuki Nakajima - 680.4 kg
    Timo Glock - 689 kg
    Heikki Kovalainen - 665 kg
    Adrian Sutil - 668.5 kg
    Lewis Hamilton - 696.5 kg
    Nelson Piquet - 689.6 kg
    Sébastien Buemi - 686.5 kg
    Giancarlo Fisichella - 688.5 kg
    Sébastien Bourdais - 701 kg
  17. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Nice, Webber heavier then guys ahead of him :)
  18. BMW in Q3 finally with their double diffuser.

Sorry for Piquet. On Speed he said that he had some kind of brake problem. Frankly that car is not good, either. Alonso is often very light on fuel.
  19. Geez! Bourdais must have his mother-in-law on board. Look how heavy his car is!! :rotfl:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.