2008 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a big fan of the "flying lap" concept. Couldn't we just shorten the qualifying to 10 minutes, or something to that effect? Or 3, or 5 laps? You can still make a mistake and recover. Some of us need a little more warmup.:)

Would also like to see 2 drivers for each race or are we trying to keep everything in one grid/server? I'd rather not exclude anyone, but then again maybe it would make fewer demands if there was more driver rotation...

I wasn't quite clear on all the pre-qual ideas. Are you saying that the team leader with decide who races based on the pre-qual and/or other factors?

45 minutes sounds like it's going require a pit stop. Are we considering pit stops? That could be fun. If so, even 30 minutes with fuel limits would work.

Have we discussed weather?

On the track issue, Mid-Ohio in the USA is a great looking course. Better than Indianapolis I think.

Rules and regulations updated.
- added leading race bonus
- clarify on rolling start procedure
- revert back to 30 min feature race due to technical difficulties of Pit stop feature in Race07

Steve, we are thinking about no pre-quali for this cup. Yes team leader will determine who race for each round and give everyone in his/her team equal opportunities to race. Yes my intension is to keep it one race on one server. That's why it's 24 nations, 24 drivers 1 race. And racers will keep rotating each round so everyone got a chance to shine for the Nation. From the looks of the interest declaring list looks like 24 nations slot might be enough for now.

As for the quali, I am sure a short quali is do-able too. It's only a draft and can be changed anytime. If most ppl perfer short quali then that should be the way to go. My personal opinion is that we don't see superpole quali format anywhere else on the net, might be fun to try it out for this Fun series.

We have not discuss on weather yet, but i am sure a lot of ppl would like interchangable weather.

So according to you questions I made some adjustments to the list. Cheers

Since we have 2 opinions on quali format maybe is good to let ppl vote on it too...

Option 1) Superpole-1 flying lap only
Votes: Vincent Kan

Option 2) 10 min short quali - no lap limits
Votes: Michael Herrmann

i dunno this could be alot of work but in the nations cup sub forum if its created could there be locked sub forums in there for countries and only drivers in that country can view it (might take alot of work to do)

Option 1) Superpole-1 flying lap only
Votes: Vincent Kan, Mehmet Arikan

Option 2) 10 min short quali - no lap limits
Votes: Michael Herrmann

BTW, Michael is the biggest contributor to this National cup as he must have spend a lot more time than I did creating all those beautiful skins for us. Thanks Michael!

I dont mind which option :) Anyway more on the tracks have a look at what I said on post #40, As for date can it be start of September. What about what night it will be on? Can you try to please not make it on Saturday nights as I have a lot on on Saturday Nights and wont be able to race!

I vote for option 1 (only 1 hotlap); but with the fun-aspect in mind, which we must not forget, 1 lap qualify is no fun for some.

I suggest to maximize qualify to 5 laps (including outlap and inlap -> inlap mandatory; no pressing of esc!!!)

I like to run it as realistic as possible (thats why the safety car would be superb; not only for the start :) )

Regarding pitstops; currently its a no go. Too much troubles with it in Race07. I also hope GTR Evo will bring better pitstops, GT racing without pitstops can't be done properly.

With sprint/full race in mind; 8-12 laps sprint race (depending on track); so thats 15 mins.
Full race around 40 mins. That would be 20-30 laps.

hmmm, super pole, interesting element it would give. :) It can be done also without outlap and inlap, in time-trial qualy mode, easy to see at the end, on timing sheet you cant have more laps done then 1 :) hmmm, thinkiing now again, then everybody has a chance to abort the lap and it does not count.... then lets say without time trial qualy, outlap is mandatory, and you can have 2 laps next to your name, no chance to abort your lap, and also no chance to run a 2nd trial. :) brilliant, i should be a police detective... loooooool

nice strategies it would bring too, lets wait til the end of qualy when track temperature is higher, but most probably traffic is heavier? or lets make an earlier lap whne the track is more free? niiiice, i vote for superpole 1 lap :)

well, you might be suprised what would happen with your other titles if you get Race 07... i also own all of the main racing games, including of course what you mention as well, i did not ever play none of them after Race 06 was released, and Race 07 is even far more superior to Race 06. Just a thought... :)

ok, sorry, it was way offtopic, back to the interest list for the Nations Cup. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 407 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 258 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 277 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.7%
Back