Resource icon

Misc 2-way traffic additional layout for "Hong" and barriers remove 2021-05-23

Login or Register an account to download this content
alekabul submitted a new resource:

2-way traffic additional layout for "Hong" and barriers remove - Free roam type of add-on that works without modifying the original track model

I like it the most when roads/tracks have a lot of elevation change and "Hong" is one of the best in Assetto Corsa. With AI traffic it's even better.
View attachment 476637View attachment 476636View attachment 476635View attachment 476634

I made the additional models needed to have the road physics with different surfaces and to free up the access to smaller side roads and parking lots. It is an invisible add-on layer so the new layout...

Read more about this resource...

thanks for provied this map
Hello, author. I'd like to ask about the difference between server AI line and offline AI line.
Why can't I generate traffic when I open the server for some maps。
Forgive me for the offence of my poor English

thanks for provied this map
Hello, author. I'd like to ask about the difference between server AI line and offline AI line.
Why can't I generate traffic when I open the server for some maps。
Forgive me for the offence of my poor English
Hi 123sis. Don't be sorry - your english will get better the more you read and write. Same goes for the knowledge of Assetto layouts - the more you try the more you will understand. As far as I know there is no available server with the traffic line that I made for Hong. I don't mind if someone uses the files without asking my permission.
The difference between the offline layouts and online is in having the AI lines loaded with AI cars only (in offline) and reserving some pits for human players in online (mixing with AI traffic). If you want to start a server of your own there's YT tutorial that can help if you are seasoned Assetto player.

Hi 123sis. Don't be sorry - your english will get better the more you read and write. Same goes for the knowledge of Assetto layouts - the more you try the more you will understand. As far as I know there is no available server with the traffic line that I made for Hong. I don't mind if someone uses the files without asking my permission.
The difference between the offline layouts and online is in having the AI lines loaded with AI cars only (in offline) and reserving some pits for human players in online (mixing with AI traffic). If you want to start a server of your own there's YT tutorial that can help if you are seasoned Assetto player.

Hey brother hope all is well. Well done on the traffic layout for this map I've spent the last few days drifting on this map and I've thoroughly enjoyed it so far. It's a nice change from the ole' SRP and I'd probably rate this experience up there in my top 3 tracks with traffic AI of all time in AC.

Anyways I've ran into a few issues so I thought I'd seek you out for some advice/tips to see if I can iron some of them out. Overall the AI traffic flows seamlessly but there are a few instances where the AI traffic would either:

- collide with other oncoming AI vehicles
- the AI will try to attempt to overtake other AI vehicles
- the AI would drive on the wrong side of the road
- at times a single lane would be shared by multiple AI vehicles

I feel like it's because my settings aren't optimized properly but I've tried to play around with them to see if I could solve this problem on my own first but unfortunately I've been unsuccessful. Some things I've tried is changing the speed at which the AI traffic travels, limiting the amount of cars and also changing the track length.

Here are my current settings(and the same settings used in the YouTube video for demonstration):

Youtube Video Demo
I think these specific spots seem to be hotspots/regular occurrences so I thought I'd include some timestamps here and in the video descprition:

00:32 - AI vehicles collision
01:07 - AI vehicle attempts to overtake
01:15 - AI crashed / pile up of AI vehicles driving in one lane
01:54 - AI vehicle drives over median lane for a few seconds
02:38 - pile up of AI vehicles / some driving on opposite lane
03:18 - AI vehicles collision
03:34 - AI crashed
03:43 - AI crashed / some driving on opposite lane
04:26 - AI sharing same lane

jJZ21TF[1].png

nsIiYoi[1].jpeg

BfkV5vp[1].png

I thought I'd also note, I know with your other iterations of traffic AI layouts for other maps you usually include both a RESTRICTED and NON RESTRICTED ZIP file for each version with your releases, could it be that there is no RESTRICTED traffic spline for the Hong map or is the issue ultimately due to user settings in this case?

Last edited:
could it be that there is no RESTRICTED traffic spline for the Hong map or is the issue ultimately due to user settings in this case
Hi mate,
in this case I didn't generate a restricted variant of the line for the release. The road is so wide that most of the time AI doesn't collide but I can do a more tidy traffic line for the purpose shown in the video. Here's a link for the file

Other than that you may try to set the hint for AI to make them move at the same pace. If using the non-restricted line and "MAXSPEED_.." as low as the slowest of the AI cars would go you can have the same result as with the restricted line.

Push speed can be the cause of AI crashing in walls immediately. Try decreasing it. Seek out the file "C:\Users\*****\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\new_behaviour.ini" and add the custom settings paragraph specific for hong
Code:
[TRACK_hong]
AI_FLOOD_PUSH_SPEED=40
AI_FLOOD_PUSH_FORCE=200000
AI_FLOOD_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_PLAYER=60, 40
AI_FLOOD_DISTANCE=160, 100
AI_FLOOD_RANGE=120, 60
AI_FLOOD_DESPAWN=120, 60

Limiting the track length to over 20000 m will not disable AI flood on Hong as the line is over 20000 m long. But if you want to drive without the flood just remove the check mark of the module in the settings.

Last edited:
Hi mate,
in this case I didn't generate a restricted variant of the line for the release. The road is so wide that most of the time AI doesn't collide but I can do a more tidy traffic line for the purpose shown in the video. Here's a link for the file

Other than that you may try to set the hint for AI to make them move at the same pace. If using the non-restricted line and "MAXSPEED_.." as low as the slowest of the AI cars would go you can have the same result as with the restricted line.

Push speed can be the cause of AI crashing in walls immediately. Try decreasing it. Seek out the file "C:\Users\*****\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\new_behaviour.ini" and add the custom settings paragraph specific for hong
Code:
[TRACK_hong]
AI_FLOOD_PUSH_SPEED=40
AI_FLOOD_PUSH_FORCE=200000
AI_FLOOD_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_PLAYER=60, 40
AI_FLOOD_DISTANCE=160, 100
AI_FLOOD_RANGE=120, 60
AI_FLOOD_DESPAWN=120, 60

Limiting the track length to over 20000 m will not disable AI flood on Hong as the line is over 20000 m long. But if you want to drive without the flood just remove the check mark of the module in the settings.

Thank you so much for this. I used the restricted variant and that instantly ironed out most of the issues that I had. To tailor to the drifting I'm trying to do, I also limited the number of vehicles down to around 6 to 8 cars and the traffic density flowed just great. Thanks again!

can you remove barricades from ''London'', ''Prague'' ,''Chicago''? also ''Mirandopolis'' without barricades would be a dream! love your work, you are the GOAT of Racedepartement :D would also try on my own but havent figured out how to export maps to blender

can you remove barricades from ''London'', ''Prague'' ,''Chicago''? also ''Mirandopolis'' without barricades would be a dream! love your work, you are the GOAT of Racedepartement :D would also try on my own but havent figured out how to export maps to blender
Many of the highest ranking modders would disagree with my advice on ethical grounds but here goes:
You can make every track free of obstacles as long as it's not encrypted. No need to use the Blender - ksEditor workflow. All is done fast and good in 3DSimED. Opens the *.kn5, deletes the barriers, exports in kn5. For private use or running a server fits your requirement. For modding in the guidelines of RD offering such edited assets without the authors permission will at very least result in take downs and eventually ban.
I hope you see my point.

1678343846596.png

Hi author, I know this seems like a dumb question, but I am unable to spawn moving ai. I've followed your instruction but I would end up spawning AIs that doesn't move. There would be 1 or 2 ai at a certain spot at the map but they wouldn't move. Is there a way to fix this?

View attachment 645846
Hi author, I know this seems like a dumb question, but I am unable to spawn moving ai. I've followed your instruction but I would end up spawning AIs that doesn't move. There would be 1 or 2 ai at a certain spot at the map but they wouldn't move. Is there a way to fix this?
Check "New AI behavior" in "Settings" - active, "AI retirement settings", "Get back to the race.." - active.
Check the folder "..\content\tracks\hong\roam\ai" - has to contain "fast_lane.ai" and "pit_lane.ai".
Which version CSP do you have?

Yes, all of these settings are matched. And I am using 0.1.79 csp
AI works on your other layouts in "Track day" with the same cars?
For me the mod is working ok with CSP v0.1.75 pr1 and also with CSP deactivated so I can't tell what else is broken.
pp - try deactivating "AI flood" in your CSP settings. Set "Mechanical damage" to 0 (the three dots next to "Tyre blankets")

Last edited:
For some reason, i can't leave the pits, it keeps bouncing into an invisible barrier and i'm unable to exit into the main road.

I'm on CSP 0.2.2

Also, I'm missing the pit_lane.ai - but that shouldn't be the reason right?

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 108 69.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 26.3%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 31 19.9%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 21.2%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 33 21.2%