Cars 1999 Mercedes CLR LM

The CLR LM is hands down one of the top five cars I have driven in AC. Whoever made this mod deserves a trophy and a lot of support. Unlike the CLK GTR or even the Porsche GT1, the CLR LM has incredible feel. The doors and lights are operational. The braking and steering input are so precise. I cannot say enough good things about this car.

The ONLY negative I can list is unlike in rear life this version does not fly

Just wanted to recommend this car to anyone that has not tried it. Absolutely incredible build

Hey there, I agree that this car is really great, but too bad it was never finished... No functional wipers, and just a fix for the left mirror and that's all. Anyway, seems there's a problem with the rear lights, they doesn't work for me, only the brake lights works. Anyone have the same problem as me?

This was created by United Racing Design and never finished. Most recent version you can find is 0.95 from late 2019. Absolutely incredible experience in VR. There is indeed a left mirror fix but it is not working for me

Confirmed that the rear lights do not come on, only the brake lights. This is due to the model being incomplete

I am actually not aware of ANY car with a central mounted wipe that is actually functional. Would be great, but maybe we are asking for too much

Yeah I know about United Racing Design. For the fix, maybe try to reinstall the CLR, and then change the file from the fix with Content Manager closed. It didn't worked at first for me, but at the second try it was ok.

Yeah I know about United Racing Design. For the fix, maybe try to reinstall the CLR, and then change the file from the fix with Content Manager closed. It didn't worked at first for me, but at the second try it was ok.
That worked well. Vanilla install, push the patch. Went directly into a race and the left mirror works. Thanks for that

Well you can easily add rear lights, open lights.ini, change the HEADER version to 3, and add an OFF_COLOR value to brake lights, this way you'll have rear lights that are less bright brake lights which is better than nothing I guess

Well you can easily add rear lights, open lights.ini, change the HEADER version to 3, and add an OFF_COLOR value to brake lights, this way you'll have rear lights that are less bright brake lights which is better than nothing I guess
Is there such a value? I see front lights and brake lights but nothing regarding rear and there is also no header in lights.ini

[LIGHT_0]
NAME=Head_Lights
COLOR=200,200,250

[BRAKE_0]
NAME=Brake_Lights
COLOR=150,5,1
OFF_COLOR=5,0,0

I forgot I had another CLR from ACF, and the guys managed to make the rear lights functional. Unfortunately, even when I used their lights.ini setup, it still doesn't work.

[HEADER]
VERSION=3
FLASHING_BLINK_TIME=0.15
FLASHING_REPEAT=8

[LIGHT_0]
NAME=Head_Lights
COLOR=200,200,250
PITLINE=1
FLASH=1

[BRAKE_0]
NAME=Brake_Lights
COLOR=150,5,1
OFF_COLOR=30,1,0.2

Last edited:
Is there such a value? I see front lights and brake lights but nothing regarding rear and there is also no header in lights.ini

[LIGHT_0]
NAME=Head_Lights
COLOR=200,200,250

[BRAKE_0]
NAME=Brake_Lights
COLOR=150,5,1
OFF_COLOR=5,0,0

This is my lights.ini

[HEADER]
VERSION=3

[BRAKE_0]
NAME=Brake_Lights
COLOR=2000,0,0
OFF_COLOR=1000,0,0

[LIGHT_0]
NAME=Head_Lights
COLOR=3000,2200,0

Of course you might want to change the values depending on your PPfilter/settings/taste...

I am actually not aware of ANY car with a central mounted wiper that is actually functional. Would be great, but maybe we are asking for too much
Maserati MC12 GT1 (KS) has central mounted wipers and they are amazing in the rain. First functional central mounted model I have encountered. Glorious

Maserati MC12 GT1 (KS) has central mounted wipers and they are amazing in the rain. First functional central mounted model I have encountered. Glorious
My Alzen 996 has a central mounted one. It did work ok-ish in the earlier instances of the rain patch (before it went Patreon, which I don't have). The issue was that the animation was ofc not fluid, as the rest spot was right in the middle. No idea if CSP added something like "skip frames 0 to 20 if we're in the full loop" to get around this.

My Alzen 996 has a central mounted one. It did work ok-ish in the earlier instances of the rain patch (before it went Patreon, which I don't have). The issue was that the animation was ofc not fluid, as the rest spot was right in the middle. No idea if CSP added something like "skip frames 0 to 20 if we're in the full loop" to get around this.
Can confirm that CSP is the issue. I am running the full version. Animation is entirely fluid, no lag or glitching. You can donate even $1 to the patreon in order to grab the proper version. You do not need to pay much and you do not need to pay monthly; only to get updates. I am running 0.1.76-preview134-full without any issues

Recommend trying the wipers in the stock KS MC12 if you have that. See if there is any difference with wiper motion compared to the 996

The problem is with a central wiper that's in the middle at rest, the animation will go left, right, right, left, because AC plays the animation forwards, then backwards. It's not a glitch it's just not possible to have it alternate left/right unless you have it "park" to one side.

Last edited:
The problem is with a central wiper that's in the middle at rest, the animation will go left, right, right, left, because AC plays the animation forwards, then backwards. It's not a glitch it's just not possible to have it alternate left/right unless you have it "park" to one side.
Mate I just jumped into the MC12, turned on rain via SOL and drove around as the central wiper went from central to left to right to left to right correctly.

Mine went left right left right as opposed to left right right left. No issues with the animation

That's vanilla AC. But maybe there's a way to use a command in the CSP config to skip these start and end frames. I don't know, I don't follow CSP stuff closely anymore.

Even the 787B have a central wiper that work perfectly. Still, I can't make those rear head lights work... Anyone have other ideas?
1638220347712.png

KS 911 GT1-98 has central wiper and works perfectly with latest full CSP. Correct animation and wipes rain correctly. Simply incredible

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events