1916 AAA Indycar Season Project - Currently Accepting Bids

Hello sim racers and content creators,

My goal is to hire different content creators to help me create the 1916 AAA (indycar) season for Assetto Corsa that I could then sell as an awesome package. I have broken my goals down into different levels.

Level 1: The ultimate goal would be to have at least 2 different types of Indycar cars and at least 3 tracks: a 1916 version of Indianapolis, the Santa Monica Road Race Course, and at least 1 Board track from that season. The contract would stipulate my complete ownership of the digital assets and I could then sell them. Clearly this would be the most costly option, but it would potentially have the highest rate of return for my investment.

Level 2: A 1916 version of Indianapolis and at least 1 Indycar car. The contract would stipulate my complete ownership of the digital assets and I could then sell them.

Level 3: A 1916 version of Indianapolis and 1 Indycar car. But the developers are unwilling to release ownership of the digital assets and therefore I have only paid to have them created. Therefore I assume the developers would then sell them, Level 3 is only appealing to me if the cost is relatively low or if I am given a percentage of the sales profits.

I am currently contacting dozens of sim racing content developers, both professional and casual. I will be reviewing bids for the project with the last day of bid submission being November 1st, 2020. Emails of my decisions will be sent out by November 8th, 2020. I hope this project of mine spikes your interest and I look forward to your response.

Feel free to enquire further by emailing me at acasualsimracer@gmail.com and/or connecting through Linkedin at https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-findley-a52112150/

Sincerely,
Daniel Findley - A Casual Sim Racer

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/ACasualSimRace

It depends, $1,000 is waiting in one of my accounts, though I am using a bidding process to find the perfect marriage of affordability and quality. However, I also have a few other connections I can contact. If the offer was perfect but would cost more than $1,000 I would present the idea to them and see if they wanted to join my venture, I assume in a perfect scenario that could reach as high as $5,000.

A key element is trying to at the very least break even with the costs, I don't need to make money on this, I just don't want to throw too much money away either.

Send me an email and I'd love to answer any more questions. acasualsimracer@gmail.com

Last edited:
It depends, $1,000 is waiting in one of my accounts, though I am using a bidding process to find the perfect marriage of affordability and quality. However, I also have a few other connections I can contact. If the offer was perfect but would cost more than $1,000 I would present the idea to them and see if they wanted to join my venture, I assume in a perfect scenario that could reach as high as $5,000.

A key element is trying to at the very least break even with the costs, I don't need to make money on this, I just don't want to throw too much money away either.
Then unfortunately, I think you may need to set your sights a little lower, either on the fronts of quality or quantity. A single car would be likely as much as the highest number you mentioned, and tracks are generally more than that. You can certainly get people to do them for less, but of course the quality will diminish. The going rate for the 3d of a car alone (+ materials/textures), done to modern AC/ACC standards, is often upwards of $4,000.

Last edited:
Then unfortunately, I think you may need to set your sights a little lower, either on the fronts of quality or quantity. A single car would be likely as much as the highest number you mentioned, and tracks are generally more than that. You can certainly get people to do them for less, but of course the quality will diminish. The going rate for the 3d of a car alone (+ materials/textures), done to modern AC/ACC standards, is often upwards of $4,000.

It is unfortunate, but one must consider how many paid mods are circulated illegally with zero profit going to the creators. Expecting a sales price of $5-10 dollars for the collection (so we'll go $7.50, minus Paypal and sales fees now $4.50), a $10,000 price tag would take 2,223 sales to break even. I think it will be difficult to find 2,223 PAYING customers for a 1916 Season mod collection. I would love to be wrong... but I need to play it safe with my first project. If it means the cars and tracks are rather plain than so be it. I do have the coding experience to adjust the AI and physics (for fun I am still working on reverse engineering your awesome new physics with the P13C, and not really getting anywhere as you guys were so clever with some of the code), but what I don't have is the time to create projects like this. I am blessed currently to be in the financial situation to set aside some funding (though it may not be that much) that I am willing to throw out into the mod development "pond" and see who bites.

Of course feel free to still submit a bid, even if it is over the target I mentioned here (according to your numbers a #2 Level would be at least $10,000). I may consider doing a Kickstarter to gauge interest and raise funds for the project and perhaps I may run into more interested "investors" by November 1st. I am also genuinely interested what you would charge for a project like this and it would give me an idea what IER Simulations could potentially provide for other future projects I hope to pursue.

Last edited:
It is unfortunate, but one must consider how many paid mods are circulated illegally with zero profit going to the creators. Expecting a sales price of $5-10 dollars for the collection (so we'll go $7.50, minus Paypal and sales fees now $4.50), a $10,000 price tag would take 2,223 sales to break even. I think it will be difficult to find 2,223 PAYING customers for a 1916 Season mod collection. I would love to be wrong... but I need to play it safe with my first project. If it means the cars and tracks are rather plain than so be it. I do have the coding experience to adjust the AI and physics (for fun I am still working on reverse engineering your awesome new physics with the P13C, and not really getting anywhere as you guys were so clever with some of the code), but what I don't have is the time to create projects like this. I am blessed currently to be in the financial situation to set aside some funding (though it may not be that much) that I am willing to throw out into the mod development "pond" and see who bites.

Of course feel free to still submit a bid, even if it is over the target I mentioned here (according to your numbers a #2 Level would be at least $10,000). I may consider doing a Kickstarter to gauge interest and raise funds for the project and perhaps I may run into more interested "investors" by November 1st. I am also genuinely interested what you would charge for a project like this and it would give me an idea what IER Simulations could potentially provide for other future projects I hope to pursue.
The majority do pay, really, but yes, 2k+ purchases is likely not going to happen in any case for this content (not to mention you can’t legally sell an “Indianapolis” track without licensing that’s unaffordable, etc). If you want a recouperable investment (for high level content), you have to go for a bit more flash, either in the brand or the features.

I do applaud your initiative though and wish you the best of luck. I’ll shoot you our catalog so you can get an idea of pricing.

I love the 'Idea's guy', they are always so useful to any project. I love that you think you can get month's worth of work for less than $1000, and sell them yourself for all the profit.

Seriously, what do you bring besides a pitiful amount of money and a seriously delusional idea of people's worth?

I love the 'Idea's guy', they are always so useful to any project. I love that you think you can get month's worth of work for less than $1000, and sell them yourself for all the profit.

Seriously, what do you bring besides a pitiful amount of money and a seriously delusional idea of people's worth?

I am a client, if people don't want to do business with me then that is there prerogative. I am doing a bid process and have gotten bids from a couple of the top Mod creators already. Haters will be brushed aside.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 44 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.0%