Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
gtl-flyer-minis.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: TC65 Mini Cooper Sprints
Track: Birmingham Short / Lakeside / Virginia South / Castle Combe Chicaned / Knutstorp
Conditions: 16.00 In-game Race Time
Practice: 19.00GMT / 20.00 UK / 21.00 Europe - 15 mins
Qualification: 19.15 GMT / 20.15 UK / 21.15 Europe - 5 mins
Race: 19.20 GMT / 20.20 UK / 21.20 Europe - 10 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins only

Totally gutted. Internet connection went down after 2 races. Total humble pie experience as I redefined the term Backmarker :rotfl: I clearly need a lot of practice with these cars!!!

Thanks Stuart for organizing!!

• Bert Van Waes

Again sorry for not being able to make it Stuart.

Real life eh. Sometimes pretty GRRRR!

Seems you guys had a good time:)

What a hoot. I'm really getting addicted to this. Especially when I'm supposed to study for exams:laugh2:

Plenty of fun, but the best was Lakeside when driving against Amir(picture2) and quite a lot of hustling the mini around(picture1) :skywalker:

Thanks Stuarttttttttttttttttt and RD

Attachments

• mini1.jpg
    mini1.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 161
  • mini2.jpg
    mini2.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 188
Came in late,during pract. on Virginia South never driving there, looking for a setup, gears ratio and the layout of the track,just for the race found a setup from Warren (always good) and of we go, first corner- grass second corner- grass,bud I was not thee only one,playing a round with Knut and Amir till I get a S/G slide in the pitlaine no mecanic to see there next round try it again no body in sight so on track again DC ! Amir was there already (S/G ?)
I think Ben first and Stuart second?

Of to Castel Comb Chic. very nice drivers track fast corners to slide (and to go off) Big fun,Knut slide off hear and there bud I good not get him still to fast bud fun trying .

Knutstorp,
First place in Fun tracks very twisty and small (to small fore me I neat wide tracks less risk in S/G) Knut is the master here so he won (twice ?)

5 Tracks 10 laps (three for me) it was a long evening bud very enjoyable,
thanks all
Hans

Another fine night's sprinting (I'm hoping to have the SprintPack ready for the next one), hopefully enjoyed by all.

I was qualifying pretty near the front of the grid for all the races, but as I said to Amir in the chat, I suspect that this was more to do with my familiarity with the tracks through my testing to make sure they were any good rather than any outright speed on my part. Anyway, to the races.

1. Birmingham Short
A cracking little track, and one that promises to be as much fun when we visit it next week in the Muscle Cars in it's long form. Had a couple of good laps up front with Ben, swapping positions a couple of time. He's quicker than me, and I have less experience in dicing for the lead on the edge like that. I had a couple of slides which allowed him to open up a few seconds gap, and then out of nowhere (unless I missed the warnings of course - enitrely possible), I got a stop n go. Went in and took that, came out last :D. At the finish, I was informed that I'd been disqualified for ignoring a second S n G, again I possibly missed the warning. Quite funny in a way, but still a cracking drive :good:

2. Lakeside
Everyone was much closer here, pretty much all of us having visited it before but in the (and I don't think I'm wrong in saying this) slightly different handling Mustangs. Again followed Ben, who put in 2 or 3 amazing laps, which opened out a gap, but then the gap stabilised, neither of us making a mistake, and it was pretty much status quo to the end. High speed and high concentration levels right the way round.

3. Virgina Short
As Croucher memorably described it in Chat "This track has got the crazy". Practice and quali times were all over the place for everyone, basically because half of the laptimes weren't from clean laps. Again had some nice racing with Ben up front, he was quicker overall, but I was keeping him honest. I had a near spin off of the high kerb on the extremely tight left hander in the middle of the complex, and he drove off to a big lead. Couple of laps later I caught up to him going very slowly and weaving on the S/F straight. I thought he'd done a wrong 'un and was running out of fuel or something but as soon as I passed him he sped up again. I thought he had decided to say sod the fuel, let's have a couple of laps racing and I'll run out where I run out.
By the middle of lap 10, it was clear that this was not the case and he had just waited around for me to catch up to keep things close. Once I realised what was going on, I lifted off and coasted home in P2 leaving him to drive off for the deserved win. I just happen to think that if you're miles ahead and it gets a bit boring for you, well, that's the price you just have to pay.

4. Castle Combe Chicaned
Another new track, a more traditional layout than Virginia. Again some good racing with Ben up front, but I slid a bit wide @ the left right shimmy and on to the grass, killing my momentum before the first chicane. A small gap opened becuase of that, but immediately stabilised once I was back up to speed. We stayed like that for a few laps until Ben had a coming together with Bob near the second chicane, and I went through for a win. I think Castle Combe, especially with the chicanes in place, proves that you don't need intricate arabesques and curlicues in your layout to make a good, interesting, and race oriented track rather than testing or technically oriented one.

5. Knutstorp
This one was nice and fresh in everyone's memory after our Elite visit there, and as a result was much closer (hence my speculation about familiarity being my reason for being near the front). Quallied 3rd and then had the fantastic feeling of revving up and letting the clutch go only to move absolutely nowhere. apparently, Neutral is not the best gear to be in at a race start, so so once I was moving I was in last. :D Got into a bit of a pickle in T1 with Hans, who started to drift a little bit, leaving me the options of smashing into the side of him, or braking and taking the inevitable drifty spin onto the grass, which I did. I rejoined the track and was following Bob up into the hairpin. I got past in the left hander out of the hairpin loop but then went into the right hand downhiller too deep and skittered off the track. Unfortunately I think Bob was following my line and went off a bit harder and caused a heavier impact - sorry again mate. A few uneventful laps for me until the end.

Again - another cracking night's driving which I hope everyone enjoyed. :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Trophies