1 month into iracing

Have been simracing a long time. Played AC,ACC,RF2,PC1 and PC2, Automobilista,Raceroom,GTR1 and 2, GP legends, and a lot of F1 games.
While they all have there strengts and weakenesses none of them where able to to for me what iRacing did in one month.

I totally lost all fun in simracing. Even on the verge of selling my simrig and all my hardware.

Iracing is NOT a racing sim, it is a divebomb sim. It is a very expensive copy of wreckfest.

I am not the fastest driver, but certainly not the slowest either. Of all my races I only not qualified top 5 in 1. Off all my races I have not been divebombed of in...also 1.
People driving more then 1 second behind plowing into you in the middle of the brake zone, they make the corner with 2x penalty, I go off for 2x contact and 2x losing control, plus meatball flag to go for repairs. Wich means losing even more iRating, wich means driving with even worse drivers in the next race.

I have 11 months of subscribtion left, and bought some cars and tracks hoping it would be better in other series (spoiler alert, it is not!) so Iracing made good money out of me.

For those who say it gets better....well, I have watched a lot of higher tier races this month, and I see the same thing there all the time. I wish I wasnt, maybe then I would stick to it.

So, Iracing, thanks for taking all the fun out of simracing for me....

I was the same as you Miguel, I had no issue getting out of rookies in all classes, but then finding somewhere to race with the base tracks was almost impossible, it was basically pay up or race against rookies.

I had a 3 month sub and dumped it after a month.

I can see why people like it, but like most games and sims it has its flaws and they for me do not warrant the outlay, not even close.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.