Fuel: Fixed

Alignment
Camber front: -1.00
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.10
Toe rear: 0.35

At Istanbul my time was 1:27.928

Sector 1

Turn 1: Keep to the right and brake very hard between the 150 and 100m markers (125m) down to 3rd gear. Turn in sharply when you're done braking and hold the turn until you reach the right hand side of the track on the exit before accelerating out. Make sure to take off enough speed during braking, going wide will cost you.

Turn 2: Flat out curve on the way to 3, get over to the right after leaving 2.

Turn 3: Keep an eye on the curb on the right, just before it ends brake hard down to 3rd gear. Turn in at the same time you brake, just sharp enough to touch the curb with the left front before the very top of the hill. Stick with the curb slightly and then get on the throttle up to 4th gear on the way out. While exiting make sure not to drift any further right than the middle of the road.

Turn 4: After leaving 3, brake down to 2nd once the road is straight (it will be very briefly). Turn in sharp once you can see the the corner and coast until you meet up with the edge of the road on the exit. Acclerate away once you are there.

Turn 5: Down to 5 make a bee-line for the right hand side of the road shifting to 3rd on the way. Once you are there start turning left and gear down to 2nd as you take your foot off the gas. Turn in gently to get a late apex and use a tiny bit of throttle to get to the right on the exit. Stay away from the curb on the exit though, you want to acclerate hard once you have made it there.

Turn 6: Once you're on the right from 5's exit it should be very easy to point the car left and floor it through 6.

Sector 2

Turn 7: You should be able to get to 6th gear before entering. Brake very hard at the 100m marker on your left coming down to 3rd gear; turn in hard after and just wait for the car to go through the apex. You don't need to touch the curb on the inside of the corner (the apex) but do try. Accelerate gently out only after passing the curb and you will float up to the left, don't floor it until you are about 3/4 of the way over.

Turn 8: 4 apexes, here we go. Get to the right after 7 and shift to 5th and then 6th. Just after the 2nd bridgestone sign above you on the right, you need take your foot off the gas, downshift to 5th and turn in sharp. Stay close to the left on the exit and use some (50%) throttle as you go through the 2nd apex holding the steering at almost the same angle. After apex 2 you can floor it turning harder and harder to prevent going wide from apex 3. Make sure you come all the way right from apex 3 (but not over the curb) and you will be able to take apex 4 flat out also. You should be able to get into 6th after apex 3 (when you reach the right) and then 7th after apex 4.

Turn 9/10: Brake very hard at the 150m marker coming down to 2nd gear. Start turning in when you're in 3rd aiming to run over the curb with your front left. If you slowed down enough you should be able to gun it just after touching the curb and then run over 10 with your front right. Shift up to 3rd leaving 9 and 4th leaving 10.

Sector 3

Turn 11: Flat out kink on the way to 12, make your way right after exiting.

Turn 12/13/14: Brake as hard as you can at the 150m marker on the right coming all the way down to 1st. Turn in hard just before you're done braking and coast so that stick to the curb on the left while exiting. Use a stab of the throttle to get to 13 and then coast through sticking to the right as you exit. Shift to 2nd after exiting 13 but then come off the gas and aim for 14's curb on the left using a tiny bit of throttle to get through. Acclererate once you are at the right edge after exiting 14.

Notes: 3/4/5 are tough, 7 is weird, 13/14 are easy to mess up. 8 is a lot of fun once you get the hang of it.

Great. Thanks for the hard work. One thing. I'm getting into the high 1:25's/low 1:26's at Istanbul, and at least 8 other guys that I race with over at RACE WORLD SERIES.com, will probably be even faster when we qualify this weekend, so why isn't Steve just as fast? I will try the setup for sure, but I have to say, having had the rear wing at 2, and going quicker, I eventually put the rear wing back to 1, because in the end result, I found I was even faster that way.
p.s. Racing without assists, fuel sim, tire wear, full damage on.
p.p.s. Oh no. I just looked at Steve's video. Rookie season, Lotus. I had a TON of practice, and I was using the Red Bull car. My bad. Steve's the man.

John, from your ps's I think you found your answer but I will elaborate anyway.

I run my hotlaps in GP mode with the Sauber since that is what I am driving in career mode. I figure this is a good car to do the guides with because it is around P10-P13 in quali IRL. This means it is not far off the leaders (about 1 sec) but not ridiculously faster than Lotus & co. ( 1-2 sec).

According to this link Kamui averaged a 1.27.7xx in quali so I am not far off his pace with my hotlap. Steve's 1:28.298 was 2 seconds faster than Jarno IRL so I don't believe 1:25/1:26 is a possibility with the Lotus.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.