RSRBR 2014 Run-time errors Sweet Lamb & Loch Ard

Ross McGregor

Former Editor of Traxion.GG
Premium
Hi guys, the title says it all! I've tried other BTB stages and no issues, and the default stages all work, just these two so far that cause run-time errors. Not sure if they have to be downloaded separately or not, but since I haven't seen a link for them at rallyesim I'm guessing there's either a problem with them or I need to update my Visual C++ again. (Did this last year and haven't had a problem until now) Any help appreciated.

Downloaded the world stages pack and Northumbria works, but still the same run time error with loch ard. It's part of the main rsrbr 2014 package though, isn't it!?

Well, updating any of the VC++ runtimes is of course nonsense.

For the record: these kinds of errors are not related to an error or bug in the VC++ runtimes.

RBR simply crashes and finally the VC++ runtime emits this error message as a last hint that something in the program really went totally wrong.

Sweet Lamb in its vanilla installation actually needs good luck to be loaded successfully, but usually it should crash.
It is missing some entries in the INI files and also some textures.

I am not aware of such problems in Loch Ard. But I have to admit that I did not investigate this track.

Any ideas from anyone?

I've got a number of ideas.

1. Have you tried their diagnostics tool? http://download.rallyesim.fr/DepannageRSRBR2014.exe (Works only if you have RSRBR installed to "the primary" install folder.) If lucky, it could put an end to any guesswork.

2. Have you checked md5-sums on all of the Track Pack files?

3. This is a long shot, and only if the first two don't solve anything, but perhaps you should test these stages with a lower resolution? If you use a widescreen resolution, and especially if it's a relatively high one, I suggest you go back to the very basics (RBR-wise, that is) with 4:3 - like 1280x1024 - just for fun. And in order to remove some variables, make sure fixup.ini has centerMenu=0 (it may sound silly and I won't explain this further because I wouldn't know how, it is an old Sardian daytime version trick though). Of course, if the menu texts disappear, then use centerMenu=1.

I've attached the results of the diagnostic scan, seems like there's textures missing but I'm not sure that's the root of my problem.

I've no idea what the md5-sums are...!

I had Loch Ard and Sweet Lamb running perfectly well at 19020x1080 in RSRBR 2013, so I'm pretty sure the 3rd option won't work.

Thanks for the feedback!

Attachments

• rsrbr.txt
    37.8 KB · Views: 692
Well, looking at that report, and if it indeed tells the truth, you should have a problem with not only Sweet Lamb and Loch Ard, but all of them. :) See, I haven't installed the Update01, but I can tell you that in my Maps folder there are 22 303 Files, 2 137 Folders. With Update01 installed you should have even more, but do you?

Next you really should check the md5-sums with this: http://download.rallyesim.fr/download.php?Fichier=VoirMD5.exe.

1. Open the utility.
2. Drag one Install_Pack_Tracks_v2014 file onto the utility window, and wait for it to give you the code.
3. Compare the md5 code to the one given at http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=497&t=13884; if they don't match, you must re-download the file.
4. Do the same for the rest of Install_Pack_Tracks... files.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back