Rally - Snow Show - Monday 25th & Tuesday 26th February 2013

Hopefully a little video of my rally will come out, either of all my misstakes, every stage one by one or just some highlights and lowlights like spins, rolls, nice drifts and such :p

To the report:

SS1 - Chirdonhead II:

Nice stage, some fast sections with killer turns every here and there. No misstakes but some close calls when I flung the rear end out a bit but was a pretty good time for being me :)
Think I was faster than Tapio but I'm tired after school so not sure :unsure:

SS2 - New Bobs II:

Had some small offs but no real misses that cost me more than 2 seconds at a time, was faster than Tapio as I managed to finish the stage, I think I have an idea of where Tapio went off. A really nice stage to drive :D

SS3 - Autiovaara:

Managed to finish the stage but couldn't see the road at all (uses in-car, driver, view), was creeping around in 50-70 km/h, was over 1.30 slower than Tapio :alien:

SS4 - Sikikakama:

Just at the beginning of the stage I hit the same stone that is out in the snow in a fast tight left hander and that broke the water cooler and I soon has a overheating engine to work with. Survived until I was less than a minute away from the finish of the stage and the engine said enough and cut out, giving quite a lot of smoke steaming from the engine :thumbsdown:
Tapio was flying on these stages, was awesome to see :)

SS5 - Kaihuavaara:

Survived this stage and did it rather well I must say, faster than my practice run in the vid above and I was very close to Tapio if I remember correctly :whistling:

SS6 - Fraizer Wells:

Somehow forgot about the 3rd gear left hander from the 5th gear straight at the beginning of the stage and hit the cars standing there..... Broke something in the rear and it ended up being everywhere in the right hand corners but managed to go pretty quick until just after the second timing split where the rear end came out on the crest of a right hander, at the speed I was going didn't have time to fix the situation and 2 trees ended my run on the stage :(
Tapio was flying, he was 10 seconds faster than my previous practice run :thumbsup:

SS7 - Bisanne:

I knew this stage would be a killer and managed to finish the stage, although a lot slower than Tapio :(
Several misstakes, especially in the hairpins where a "no handbrake car" was killing me as I couldn't get the rear end out before I was in the middle of the corner and then I couldn't get going for 2 seconds as I couldn't get the grip :thumbsdown:
Tapio did very well on this stage :alien:

SS8 - Karlstad:

A very nice stage, I was almost happy with the stage, did 2 misstakes I wasn't happy with so my 3 seconds slower than my fastest practice time on the stage with the Volvo I was driving wasn't fun to see :(

Was good fun, especially to drift at almost every corner as soon as you looked at the gas pedal :D

Just to straighten some facts and show I could've been a lot faster... :D
SS3 - Autiovaara:

was over 1.30 slower than Tapio :alien:
Rolled, CFH and after that cautiously to finish.

SS4 - Sikikakama:

Tapio was flying on these stages, was awesome to see :)
I hate this stage! Rolled, CFH and rolled again later :D

SS5 - Kaihuavaara:

Tapio if I remember correctly :whistling:
Here you did well! I spun in the very first corner (noob) and lost about 15 secs. Couldn't reach you though! Iirc I lost about 13 seconds to you here.

SS6 - Fraizer Wells:

Tapio was flying, he was 10 seconds faster than my previous practice run :thumbsup:
I was flying... Until I rolled after about halfway through the stage and lost a lot of time.

SS7 - Bisanne:

I knew this stage would be a killer and managed to finish the stage, although a lot slower than Tapio :(
Tapio did very well on this stage :alien:
I've driven these cars quite a lot so I know how to take the hairpins pretty fast ;) Nice to hear I did very well here although I CHD'd twice :D

Here you did well! I spun in the very first corner (noob) and lost about 15 secs. Couldn't reach you though! Iirc I lost about 13 seconds to you here.

I've driven these cars quite a lot so I know how to take the hairpins pretty fast ;) Nice to hear I did very well here although I CHD'd twice :D
Nice to hear I actually did well on one of the stages :laugh:

That explains quite a bit for how slow I felt on the stage then :)
On the way down I was braking and trying to get the rear end out with the odd Scandinavian flick but ended up in the snow every time I thought I had done it because I went almost completely straight becuase I had to slow down for the corner and did so at the wrong time every time :roflmao:

Was good fun battling with you, too bad I couldn't give you a better run for your money though ;):)

EDIT: And could you give me a word list of all those 3 letter words please, I don't understand them, only my 4th RD Rally event and haven't seen any word list anywhere on the forum :roflmao:

Wanted to have a clean rally but obviously Im still not skilled enough handling RWD cars with keyboard. Its still pretty fun, actually.

SS1 - Went just fine, slowly but in my rythm.. when one small mistake and I rolled into a forest.. After trying to get out my self I called spectators to help me, a lot of time lost there but I wasnt really angry or anything, finished the stage without any other sh*t.

SS2 - Was going OK until again just a small mistake made me roll into a tree at not very high speed but my gearbox was broken. And with keyboard it was impossible to move the car after that.. even though that I KNOW it is possible when I can use clutch and manual gearbox. :)

SS3 - Seemed OK, just had a spin in 2nd split and a little off road in the 3rd split.

SS4 -

ok here goes , i went with the corolla , under powered but hopefully more traction

ss1 - chirdonhead - went very well , some massive skandi flicks (unintentional) but got through in one piece

ss2 - newbobs - went very well , one slide backwards into tree but nothing major

ss3 -autiovaara - wow that was hard , could not see a thing with the wipers going, sure i didnt leave 3rd gear

ss4 - sikakama - this stage i made few mistakes , but little ones, good battle between Sion and Henri , sion edged ahead by only 1.37 seconds

ss5 - kaihuavaara - very embarrassing first corner spin ,5 meters into stage

ss6 - fraizer wells , all went good , massive crash over finish line,,,

ss7 - bisanne - totally f****d up the hairpins on the way up but pulled the time back on the way down to the finish

ss8 - well i made a fool of myself on that stage , im sure i spun on every corner

that was awesome to go back to use the 5 speed h-shift gearbox and RWD
cannot get better than that , thanks RD

haha I did the same thing , bit too much throttle from the start line and the rear end was overtaking the front :roflmao:

Managed to finish all the stages without a DNF and only 1 CFH, best of the year so far! Had some decent times and some massive sideways! Love the 325i BMW!

Managed a really good time on the last time (Despite a small spin) and only 1 spin on the second stage where the CFH also happened.

I'll get some pics soon, some massive sideways action through Bisanne!

THIS IS HOW WE ROLL :D
RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-02-2522-27-56-51_zps037f8d72.png

RBRmontage_zps3449c710.jpg

Thanks to all and all in the session!

Sion

Didn't do any testing for this event, asides from a brief stage on Karlstad selecting a vehicle. Was tossing up between the two BMWs and the Corolla. Eventually settled for the Corolla, thinking it'll be easier to drive.

Not really sure what to expect TBH, these cars are a handful, quite fun, but really demanding. I typically don't do very well when I haven't practiced, and this'll be compounded, but I'd like to take the most from driving this car in these conditions for preparation of the Monaco Rally.

So my goals are to finish every stage, regardless of CFHs (or pace :p).

SS1 - That was fun. I was a bit scared to really put my foot down, so a wee bit off the pace, but had fun. The dusk lighting was really awesome in this stage, very cool mode. The car can really feel all the bumps in the road :x
SS2 - Well damn, the best laid plans. Heard the note - didn't register it until much too late. Slamming off the road hoping I missed the trees. I didn't...
SS3 - Eep, spun 3 times in this stage. Lost quite a bit of time on the first one getting myself out. Otherwise OK, found the car a bit hard to control on this one.
SS4 - Happy with that one, car felt much better.
SS5 - Found the car difficult again on this one, managed to roll it midway through the stage too, riding too high on a snowbank.
SS6 - Went with medium gears as I wasn't sure how the car would manage on the hills with long gears. Probably should have done long though, no problems. Car was tame on this stage.
SS7 - That was slow. Two incidents with spinning, one of which I was semi stuck but decided to drive myself out, took a good 30 seconds. Hopefully I can redeem myself at Karlstad.
SS8 - Ugh, second retirement. After the tight left before the bridge, I accelerated a bit too fast and my rear slid out, driving me to the railing of the bridge.

So all in all, a pretty bad event, really. At least, from a results point of view. Learning to be smoother with the brakes and throttle, and more importantly, highlighting the importance of concentration.

Congrats to all who finished.

The official run I had at Kaihuavaara, only 2 seconds faster than my first ever run through the stage but I was on full attack, with some 50/50 extersions :redface:

EDIT: All stages this rally was with the default setup for the Volvo :sneaky:

Hopefully more to come, for example Bisanne and Karlstad, maybe NewBobs where I had one CFH and 2 spins which I had forgot but saw when I watched the replays, both in intersections..... :roflmao:

Slightly furstrated that I could have gotten the stage win at Karlstad but oh well, well driven by all :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back