Released [Race07] Wertingen

I had a catastrophic accident in my archives. All old pojects were lost :poop: .. I managed to salvage one track, i like it a lot so i'll share it:

title.jpg
capture_2012-06-04_21-09-12.jpg
capture_2012-06-04_21-10-06.jpg
capture_2012-06-04_21-11-26.jpg
5 232m​
18 corners​
7 right​
11 left​
Fantasy track using countryroads. Lots of elevation and high speed corners. Ridiculously dangerous...Some terrain is "triangly" as i lost source files and can't smooth them. None of them affect gameplay in any way and mostly are not seen anyway.. Unless you drive offtrack, were you most certainly will end up sooner or later.​

Cant wait to test it.
I just downloaded it and it seems I cant extract it, whenever I try I get this message.

D:\Downloads\Wertingen_by_CreamTeam.zip: CRC failed in GameData\Locations\Wertingen\mas\sobj_21.gmt. The file is corrupt

I tried to download it again but same result

Hi Kennett,
did you lost the BTB files from Wertingen too?
I was interested how you made the corner on the second pictures. It's a really harmonic pitch! :thumbsup:

Yep, source files for this track are lost. I got one working export which i then fixed with other tools.

If i remember correctly, the corners were made in some sort of sequence: perfect half circle with three nodes, even length control points, flat. Then raise one of them to some distance that seems plausible, then smooth the heights of the nodes 100%, the middle node height becomes the average of the two other nodes, control arms stay flat. Then smooth the control arms with 50% strength until the gradient is good. Then i believe that i lowered the middle one a little bit and straightened the control arms somewhat to have a bit flatter turning point. So it could be that using smooth nodes height by 50% and smooth control arms height 50% would be correct in the end..

All those automated align functions in the terrain tool and smoothing options in the track node are often used. I don't remember the names of those smoothing options, the ones in the track node tool. One smoothens the nodes, one smoothens the control arms. There was three hairpins but it was not necessary at the end, the uphill is just about within limits of what you can get in the countryside. So the two remaining had to be raised a bit.

The jump at the end of the uphill is unfortunate, it was meant to be smoothened but can't do it anymore....

Now that i look at that corner, the middle point seems almost the same height as the entry node... I remember that i had to fiddle with them a lot to get a working rise angles to it. The removal of the third hairpin caused the two that remains to get elongated straights. That helped somewhat so that i didn't need to worry about the rise angle of the straights so much. Gave more room for the corners.

If i remember correctly, the corners were made in some sort of sequence: perfect half circle with three nodes, even length control points, flat. Then raise one of them to some distance that seems plausible, then smooth the heights of the nodes 100%, the middle node height becomes the average of the two other nodes, control arms stay flat. Then smooth the control arms with 50% strength until the gradient is good. Then i believe that i lowered the middle one a little bit and straightened the control arms somewhat to have a bit flatter turning point. So it could be that using smooth nodes height by 50% and smooth control arms height 50% would be correct in the end..

Are you using always three nodes (in / middle / out) for a corner?
I tried to use as low as possible nodes for my tracks, because BTB crashed a lot... :(

In most cases, yes. I feel that adjusting the height of the apex is more important than smoothness in tight corners. You can get it to be as smooth as with two nodes but it takes more time. With long sweepers it's two, entry and exit. Smoothness is more important than minor height inaccuracies there. The automated node insert is a great tool too. Make a corner with two nodes and insert the third in the middle with "Split Selected Curve" in the track node tool, the resulting curve is exactly the same as it was with two nodes but now you have a third one there too.

Hi Kennett, what would the chances of being able to get this track for GTR2? I sure would like to be able to drive this track on GTR2 and i'll bet the P&G users would like this track.

I'll bet the GTL guys would like it too, would be a good track for their Club Races.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.