Resource icon

Misc OSD Transparency Options 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Salut Gilles submitted a new resource:

OSD Transparency Options - For a less distracting, and overall better racing experience: must-see screenshots!

These modded files use transparent textures (and xml commenting-out characters) to allow for a less distracting, and overall better racing experience in F1 2012!

See screenshots (.png-picture files) in the (after unzipping) See_through_OSD_Invisible_Quick_Menu and See_through_OSD_Transparent_Quick_Menu folders for how the screen can look like with the Position, Lap, and Swipe box (Temperature, Warning & Pitstop, Information) OSD options turned ON.

Samples for INVISIBLE Quick Menu:...

Read more about this resource...

ATTENTION (edited note): Apologies for mistakes in one of the Read_me files (in the second folder). Please read the correct instructions down thread here VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Last edited:
Jesus christ, you don't know how long I was searching for the colored backgrounds at the info on the right side. The blinking always annoyed me but I did never find a texture for the colors. d_osd gave me more of a headache, haha good work.

Just realized there's a mistake in the Read_me file of the See_through_OSD_Transparent_Quick_Menu folder:

The Instructions lines should read like the following:

1-- Instructions to install ALL these OSD Transparency Options:
Copy both the frontend and Osd folders of this See_through_OSD_Transparent_Quick_Menu folder into the Steam/steamapps/common/f1 2012 folder.

2-- Instructions to KEEP the displaying of both the graphical FLAGs and FASTEST LAPs on the middle-top section of the screen:
Copy just the frontend folder of this See_through_OSD_Transparent_Quick_Menu folder into the Steam/steamapps/common/f1 2012 folder.

Apologies.

Last edited:
Jesus christ, you don't know how long I was searching for the colored backgrounds at the info on the right side. The blinking always annoyed me but I did never find a texture for the colors. d_osd gave me more of a headache, haha good work.

Glad it can help (as it also does for me). Too bad I just found out yesterday - or Monday - it was possible to get rid of those annoying flashes. I wish I thought about looking for removing them a lot earlier...

Thanks, and HNY 2014! All the best :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Forum trophies