Just a little brake pedal mod on Clubsport pedals

I wasn't satisfied with spring strength after I moved pivot to second hole on brale pedal. The fact I couldn't tweak its strength was frustrating because predal travel was about 35mm with my custom 23mm metal cylinder. And the spring just compresses to its maximum so no room to make it feel lighter. Potentiometer isn't very helpful either.

I could use RC damper but have no experience with it so it would be hit or miss with spring strength and oil viscosity. I also don't like the fact that any usual RC damper is aluminium-plastic and not sure how long it would last.

So I came to this temporary solution that allows me to change spring without disassembling pedals. Pedal travel is about 40mm now and pedal strength is tweakable.

DSC02351x.jpg

DSC02346x.jpg

DSC02343x.jpg

DSC02341x.jpg

DSC02339x.jpg

DSC02337x.jpg

Weird, I'm thinking of modifying my pedals this weekend. I'll probably dig a little deeper than you and use certain parts for building my own pedals. I like the 'quick-fix' you did though. I just can't stop thinking mine still feel like potentiometer pedals rather than the next step up from g25 pedals.
Anyways, sweet mod. :)

Upvote 0
I've done every little tweak to these pedals and still hate them. I'm considering moving the rear attachment point higher so the pedals are more 90 degree than the ridiculous original 135 degree angle (or whatever it is). The pivot point would probably be raised to allow a lateral, straight ahead, push rather than a pendulum arch type, point your toe like a ballerina, push when depressing the pedals.
If I'm sitting in a layback position (see pic) to be pushing the pedal from 135 to nearly 180 degrees is stupid. So all I'm trying to do is make the pedals a less stupid angle without having to take up a ton of foot-well room by blocking up the back of the pedals a foot. Call me picky, but the technical details are the first thing I look at. Why 'simulate' something but do a crap job of it? I bought the pedals used so taking them apart is the least of my worries.
I'd like to get better pedals (like sim-sport or frex type) but the price is rediculous, I'd rather just make my own for the same cost.
Anyways... Yep.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 321
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back